Whats the biggest flathead anyone has caught below the damn at clinton?

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Rajun_Cajun, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    well i have seen people pull up 50-60 pounders illegally:mad: ! yes i know they were snaggin them... but i was just wondering if anyone has caught flatheads below the damn(legally)

2. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Ha, yeah. I posted a thread about the morons that were snagging them a while ago. Its definitley not a cool thing to do on here ;) Haha, that lady that was lying about the rigs they were using while we were helping her, "Uhhhh...I dunno what they are called. My hubby got them at Wal Mart...I think they are called 'sheets' or something..." LMAO that was wonderful. Just two giant freak treble hooks. But I would like to know this as well, and how you caught them. I was thinking about putting a bluegill on a hook or something with no weight and just a swivel, lowering it into the flowing water and letting it stun the fish like it just came out of the dam and stuff. Does anyone think this would work at all either?

3. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    hahah whatta bunch of noobs they were dude

4. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Ill be jiggin for flathead at Clintons outlet this spring. There is a couple BOC members out there , that are helping me get my "flathead jiggin technique" down pat. Im hoping to do pretty well this spring with this method. Remember, if you false hook a flathead jiggin, release it. Taking a pic is ok, but taking it home is not sport, and its not legal. :)

5. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Theres a difference between jigging and accidently hooking a flathead. And jigging and accidently hooking 8-10 flatheads in an afternoon. What if hook one in the belly and it bleeds everwhere you still going to release it to die? I hate to even get started on this discussion. :sad:

6. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:
    does know how to bring up my rep. points.. were that little green stone or whatever it is.

7. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing Well-Known Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Snagging just ain't cool. Those are breeders there Killing. Its a judgment call what you do from there. If your helping haul that fish in and get caught, its your Gear too. Some thing to think about.
    Turn them big cats loose and Feed another generation.

8. flat fighter

flat fighter New Member

State:
    kansas
    I caught a 20# flat out of there last year fishin for crappie. They are in there for sure!!

9. GrandpaGoneFishing

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    I've caught in the 15 lb range there with Gold fish, liver, worms & cut shad. Always a Good day. When all else fails, go for the Old Night Crawler.
    If your to busy to fish. Your just to Busy!

10. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Yeah, thats true. Thing is we didnt know we were snagging when we helped them out, we just saw the treble hooks when the fish got in. At first we were just being good samaratins helping out a skinny noob lady. But I totally agree, taking breeding fish out of the waters is not a good idea. If they want to catch any of those big boys again, they shouldnt do that.

11. GrandpaGoneFishing

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    No worries Barbel. Just wanted to make sure you knew.

12. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Geoff , I just say this because I have a friend that false hooked a 75 lb. flathead at Perry a couple of weeks ago , jiggin. He kept it anyway, and it was in good enough condition to release. Now if it is hurt bad and it would be a waste to let it swim off and die, I could see taking it home, but I would probably just put a water proof bandaid on it, and it would be ok. :0a33: