Whats the biggest fish you have ever caught???

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by bigal1, Oct 16, 2005.

1. bigal1

bigal1 New Member

State:
    huntsville alabama
    whats the biggest fish you have ever caught??

2. quadman

quadman New Member

State:
    Danville, Virginia
    52lb flathead, what's yours?

3. Kittyhunter

Kittyhunter New Member

State:
    Princeton, NC
    35 lb flathead, in my avatar

4. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Well my biggest started out with a 10 Pound flathead, and it took a long time to get to where I am at today, I am still below the 50 Pound mark but someday I hope to catch a 50 Pounder + . this year so far I have broke my personal best three times. 30 Pound flathead, 39 Pound flathead , and now a 48.11 Pound Flathead. My biggest bluecat is 18# maybe someday I can get taught how to fish for them big blues, some reason I must be holding my mouth wrong or not doing something right. Any members who would like to teach a old dog new tricks ??

I just enjoy being out there. If I catch a fish then its a bonus and if not then I am just happy to get out and fish. The past couple of nights the sky is unreal. (lol)

Now can someone talk to the big guy for me and see if he would let me catch a 50 plus fish..lmao :crying:

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    DH its fine with me if ya catch one over 50. OH! You meant the "BIG GUY" LOL!
    Mine is a 50# blue.

6. bigal1

bigal1 New Member

State:
    huntsville alabama
    mine is a 18lb flathead....them things are good eatin

7. bigal1

bigal1 New Member

State:
    huntsville alabama
    those aer some nice fish you guys caught

8. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Mine was the 21 lb Cat that you see in my profile, got him on July 2 of this Year (2005). :D

Take is easy fellows,
    Bert :cool:

9. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    This has been a great years so far with 5 blues over 50 lbs my biggest was in march 52.6 just missed the states biggest blue of 53. But they was all released and winter will bring out the big boys again.

10. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    My biggest is forty pounder caught on brook trout and the one here in my avatar also on brook trout.

11. hoosier angler

hoosier angler New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I just got back from Wilson lake on the Tennesse river.
    3 men caught lots of 10 to 20 pounders One 32.5 and broke off 3 bigger fish due to our mistakes, all Blues. It was tons of fun. good trip!!!!

12. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    my biggest fish is the one in My avatar she is 48.5" didn't have any scales at the time I'm gonna guess 70lbs+

13. bigal1

bigal1 New Member

State:
    huntsville alabama
    those are some really big fish esp. that 70+lbs

14. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    brad did you get a girth measurment on that fish

15. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    I'm a newbie to the BOC (must say I love it here). Kinda a newbie to catfishing (although I have been fishin' for most of my 39 years). I'm a converted Bass fisherman thanks to my very good friend Martin. When I was 10yrs old I caught two back to back 5lb. kiddies.
    Please forgive me for telling yall this one. But, since the question was asked "the biggest fish", I'd like to say that would have to be the 11.5lbs. Large Mouth Bass that I released back to fight another day.
    By the way, it has taken me over 30+ years to catch one that large.
    Talked my son into fishin' with a plastic worm, and on his first cast he cought a 11lbs + bass. First time using a lure! It only took him 8 years.
    Now we are on the hunt for lots of fat cats. We don't catch many bigger then 4lbs. but the action is very steady all night long. By the way, them Bass don't taste near as good as them cats do.

16. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    my biggest was last night, actually I broke 2 of my personal bests, I was trying to break 15lbs on the flatties, and caught a 35lb. I was also trying to break my 21# blue , I caught a 52lb blue and a 24lb blue. I caught all of these fish in the same spot in about 4 hrs time. Definitely a night I will never forget as long as I live.

17. turtle1173

turtle1173 New Member

State:
    Mayfield, KY
    Don't you love threads like this. I enjoy hearing what everyone's been catching.

I'm with DH on the good year it's been. Except I can't catch a 48 lb Flatty, LOL.

Last year, my personal best was a 34 lb Blue. That's changed a few times this year. 37.5, then 51, 54 & finally 56. All blues. The day I caught the 37.5, I also had one that straightened out my 6/0 Kahle after a 15 minute battle. I still believe that fish was much bigger than the others I've caught this year. Every time I tell the story though, my estimate gets bigger :D

There's some guys on here who have caught some very large fish. I hope I can break my record again before the years up. If not, maybe I can break it 3 or 4 times in '06, LOL.

18. diodeman

diodeman New Member

State:
    Benton Co. Mo.
    113 lb aligator gar, threw it back

78lb. 3oz bluecatfish, ate it.

56 lb. flathead, ate it

23lb. 4oz. striper, ate it

so far........................

19. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    To the best of my memory it was a 35# Flathead from Lake Marion.

20. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    My biggest fish ever was an 88 lb spoonbill I caught back in 1986 out of the Neosho river. My biggest cat was a 77 lb flathead my cousin and I caught from the Neosho when we were running limb lines in 1981. My biggest cat on a rod is a 39 lb flathead...my next biggest was a 36 lb blue. I got a 38 lb big mouth buffalo last spring on my lite action whitebass rig. Also got a 10 lb wiper and a 15 lb blue on the same rod during the wb run. Those three are all major league fights on a light rod.