What's the biggest Channel Catfish you've ever caught??

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by BIGCATFISH64, May 9, 2009.

1. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    I was just wondering guys what's the biggest Channel Cat you have ever caught? I got this one in Socal I don't really know the weight, but I know it was in the 20's, I'm 6'2" and 300lbs. So a picture says a thousand words.:wink:

Attached Files:

2. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yup, that is a biggun. I have caught a few that would go 10 pounds. I was fishing with a buddy, and he caught an 18 pounder. It was blue-grey like a bluecat, but I didn't think there were any in that impoundment, and upon closer inspection, it turned out to be a channelcat...a biggun.

Nice catch! :cool2:

3. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    That's a biggun. Some places seem to have the piggies and some don't. The biggest one I've got was 30 or 31" I think but it didn't have that fat piggy belly.

4. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    nice pic brother, my p b for them would be 12lbs

5. Frankie B

Frankie B Guest

my pb channel is 16lbs and thats a hog where I'm from

6. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Using a live warmouth under a float in a local pond I caught a 20.8 pound channel. I dont htink I'll ever beat that PB.

7. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    My PB is 10 lbs.

8. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Mine is 27lbs, I caught it last year in July on DK's. Before that one on the same night I also caught 25lber and three blues in the 20's all on Dk's. I caught 1 blue on cut shad that night and that was the only bite on something other than punch bait. It was def. strange for me.

9. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    my pb channel; cat went 14lb .6oz i think or real close to that

10. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Have yet to catch one big enough to mention as far as a channel goes. My biggest has been a Blue at 36 lbs.

11. catfishchris

catfishchris Active Member

State:
    missouri
    My PB channel weighed 25 pounds. I caught it out of the Red River in Canada on cut goldeye.

12. shadchucker

shadchucker New Member

State:
    indiana
    My PB channel is 18 caught lake shaffer on thread fin shad. Caught it just north of Indiana Beach on a huge flat.

13. KnotGillty

KnotGillty New Member

State:
    Northern Califo
    I'm still searching for a 30+ pound channel. I've come close on several occasions.

I'm well into the double digits on the number of 20+ pound channels I've landed. Most of them were caught & released at Clear lake in Northern California.

14. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    The biggest channel cat I have had on a set of scales is #17. I caught one about two years ago that I would guess to be in the low 20's.

15. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    The biggest Channels I've ever caught were in SoCal, and it was'nt in one of those well known paylakes either, it was a private lake in Orange County, the channels just seem to grow huge there in Cali.:big_smile:

16. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    The biggest Channels I've ever caught were in SoCal, and it was'nt in one of those well known paylakes either, it was a private lake in Orange County, the channels just seem to grow huge there in Cali.:big_smile:

17. fowlnfish

fowlnfish New Member

State:
    Colorado
    My best weighed went 3 pounds and my biggest I'd guess to be about 5. :smile2:

But I've only been catfishing for a few months. That little 3 was the hardest fighting fish I've ever caught; can you imagine what I'll think about my first 10#? :eek:oooh:

18. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have been fortunate enough to catch several in the lower 20# class. All were CPR.

19. quadrunner42029

quadrunner42029 Member

State:
    NC
    18 pounds and that was on a jug at old whitney near dam they look ugly when there that big

20. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    My PB Channel Cat is at 17 lbs. I remember catching it on a Bluegill. Still hope to crack the #20 or better barrier!! Hoping this year it happens!!:big_smile::cool2: