Whats the best way to cut bait ?

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by Montgomery, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    say i was to catch a chub or succer or bluegill or somthing . whats the best way to cut him up. . felay him or just cut head and tails off. and use whole thick chunks ???/ p

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I use 2-3 inch Chunks usually, but if they are biting funny I will switch to fillets usually and they seem to like that.

3. just cats

just cats New Member

State:
    Leslie Missouri
    If it's a small bait like shad or perch I cut it into two pieces usually. I use the head and the belly section. the tail I throw away unless I am extremely short on bait. If my bait fish is bigger , like a big asian carp or quillback then I fillet them and then cut the fillets into 4 to 6 inch strips, a couple inches wide and leave enough skin on one end to help hold it on the hook , something I learned how to do here at the BOC. This has worked well for me. A fellow here named Cuz told about it and I have used it ever since.

4. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey BRO,I take a 4inch bluegill and cut him from his anus to the middle of his dorsle fin,And run a hook through his bottom lip and out right betwine his eye's...Hope this helped.........

5. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona

OUCH:crazy: ! Glad I aint a bluegill!:lol:

6. Wayne J.

Wayne J. New Member

State:
    OHIO
    If im not using a whole gill i just cut it in half. Im a believer that blues like the head, while flats and channels like the tails. Although i caught a 30# flat last night on a head, go figure. good luck and good fishing.:cool2:

7. Big Merc

Big Merc New Member

State:
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Something about that description, makes me hurt..lol