What's the best things you've learned on BOC

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by oahegw, Aug 2, 2009.

1. oahegw

oahegw Member

State:
    So. Dakota
    What have you learned here on BOC that did you the most good?
    As for me, I think that I really enjoy using the tall rod holders used on the bank that are made of of PVC. No more bending over to pick up my rod.

#2 ) The use of sharp hooks, like the Gamma Octopus and Circles.

#3 ) The use of Power Pro line.

What Say You ??

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I don't even know where to begin:

Most important things have been (excuse my ignorance)

1. BAIT! I had no idea what a shad or skipjack was until this site! My home water is full of shad and I never even new it! Before the BOC, my preferred bait......................nightcrawler

2. DRIFTING: would never have believed it!

3. oahegw

oahegw Member

State:
    So. Dakota

I almost forgot ..... using a bobber to fish cats. Before I use to think that the bait should always be on the bottom.

4. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    i have learned rigs to use, places to fish, bait to use ,but the BEST THING I HAVE LEARNED ON THE BOC ,IS IT IS MADE UP OF A BUNCH OF GREAT PEOPLE ,LOTS I WILL NEVER GET TO MEET IN PERSON ,but a lot i sure hope i get to meet in person someday some place .:wink:

Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
  5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I've learned how to copy and paste a link into text.

I've learned how to resize pictures.

I've learned that I got it pretty good for cat fishin in Joisy. LOL!

I've learned that there are alot of squirrels on here just like me. LOL!

6. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    well gerge im one of them sqwirls :eek:oooh::tounge_out::eek:oooh: lol

7. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Circle hooks and katbobbers are awesome.

How to throw a cast net half way decent lol.

BOC members are some of the coolest people out there!!:wink:

8. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    what i have learned hear has nuten to do with fishing yes i have learned a lot about fishing but this site has help me get in touch with god agen it has restored my faith in pepple agen there is the finest brothers and sisters hear a man could ask for

9. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I would of never found the Kat Bobber if it wernt for the B.O.C. That is best thing ive learned fishing wise. But the best thing is the people, makeing new friends and shareing ideas. Thanks Paul for the website, and thanks Pete for the Kat Bobber.

10. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I've learned that no matter how much I know about catfishing theirs always more I don't know..

11. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    In addition to plenty fishing stuff, I've learned the people the world over enjoy my passion also. Great people, great fun, and great information. Stay safe and enjoy those about you!!!:wink:

12. outdoors1988

outdoors1988 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Their are so many that i can't even begain to start but i would have to say all the tips and trick to pole fishing

13. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I have learned that there are alot of other catfisherman and women out there . I been catfishing since 4 years of age with my grandfather and father . Believe it or not there wasnt many other folks catfishing that I noticed . Now it isnt nothing to see others fishing for cats .

I have also learned alot of technics on cathing cats in rivers or large bodies of water even though I fish the local little lakes . When I do go to rivers or different areas I can remember things learned on the b.o.c.

So thanks to all who have given thier great knowledge to the b.o.c.

14. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Geroge ... you and dunptruck say it alll...... good folks and lots of good time..... Like what America is all about.....:cool2:

15. Shimano_cat

Shimano_cat New Member

State:
    North Caro

I agree Dickie. I'm hard headed and still fish the same way with the same bait and in the same places I always have. It's the people that make a difference in the BOC.

16. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Reps for your choice in hooks and line. I'd like to add using FLUOROCARBON as a leader material, instead of monofilament, to that.

Bill in SC

17. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    tolerance of other people

18. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

The BOC lets me know that there,s other people out there as crazy about cats as I am.I can,t argue with others success either,Forced me to take a second look at how I,m fishin.Changed my views on daylight fishing for flats and slipfloat fishin for flats,been doing more of both.Gave circles another try,still hate em,didn,t suit my style of fishin.I was a dyed in the wool Abu man,I,ve had a couple people turn me on to some non-levelwind surf reels,now using them for all my flattin.MOST importantly,some good freinds,good laughs,and a bright spot in my day.Good luck and good fishing brothers!Being on here also helps me convince the wife that I aint spending too much money on tackle.:wink:.

19. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Been said several times but worth saying again the best thing learned about the BOC is the people and their willness to help any one.

20. Johnny B

Johnny B New Member

State:
    illinois
    The best thing I've leanrned is there is more people than me that diehard catfish!! The most useful information is everyone who replied to my post about "how to find the holes"! Thanks BOC