Whats the best state for catfishing?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by flathunter, Feb 18, 2006.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I know my home state of Ohio does not rank high on the list of trophy catfish states..What do you think are the best states to catch big catfish, flatheads, blues and channels.

2. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Personally I think that Missouri is the top waters for big cats. I am from Illinois but go to school in Missouri and fish both a lot. THere are just so many good waters in Missouri that I think it would be the top. Awesome stretch of Mississippi River, Missouri River, Truman Lake, Ozarks, etc. I dont know what others think but I do think that Missouri is one of the best states for trophy cats as well as a good number of keepers.

3. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Maine........:D

4. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    its supposed to get down to 3*F tonight so i would say any state down south.:D

5. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    In my opinion the best states for bluecats are: Tennessee, Kentucky, Miss
    ouri, Alabama, Arkansas and Virginia(James River)
    The best states for flathead are: Kansas, Kentucky, Texas,Missouri, Arkansas and Tennessee

6. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Lots of good catfishing in many states. I would have to say our blue record in Mo. of 103 is only because the world was on the other side of the river. Several rivers and lakes here that will break the record soon I'm sure.

7. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Kentucky, Tennessee, Texas, South Carolina, there are some other good ones but those are my best. The whole south is pretty good!! Candaa has some monster channels for sure though!!!:):)

8. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    North Carolina. Dont forget the Cape Fear River!:)

9. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I know there are big cats here in Texas, I've caught many but I also caught some very nice ones in Louisiana, (North Carolina, Kinston lake) Missouri is good in the Mississippi.

10. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    It's hard to not include Texas after the streak they have had lately. The old favorite in Santee in SC will make the list, but I think the intense fishing pressure there and the lack of limits will end up hurting that fishery. I like the James River in Virgina as a new hot spot. The perennial favorites along the Mississippi are always on the list.

11. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    I gotta say Kansas And Missouri. Hands down.

12. Crispy Critter

Crispy Critter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I second the Motion :thumbsup:

13. Sinker

Sinker New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm partial ta Missouri. We had the 117 lb world record fer years. However the state of Insanity is nice too!

14. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Dink, I prefer Rhode Island!

15. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    thats easy. KENTUCKY BABY!!!!

16. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    That is a good question, but I believe many states have good fishing areas for cats. Personally I would love to try the James River ones day, the Missouri, and also the Mississippi. Just one of my future goals to try for flatheads when I am traveling to the south and east coast one day.

17. fishoutloud

fishoutloud New Member

State:
    Kansas
    KANSAS- We just don't have the fishing pressure some of the areas down south have. Alot of people target crappie in Kansas and that sits just fine with me. Plus the world record flathead comin' from this great state doesn't hurt it's rep. for actual fact based opinions either.

18. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    I live in tennessee and would have to say we have some very good catfish water over the whole state, lakes and rivers.

19. Cat Tale

Cat Tale New Member

State:
    Wilmington
    Gotta stick with North Carolina.

20. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Kansas and Missouri provide an excellent chance at the fish of a lifetime, with less fishing pressure then one may think. Kansas world record flathead, 90+ blue cat state record, Mo 100+ bluecat record. what more do you want