What's the best Punchbait out there?

Discussion in 'Fishing Bait Review' started by bwolcott, Feb 9, 2006.

1. bwolcott

bwolcott New Member

State:
    Illinois
    i have never used Punchbait before and this year i promised myself i would use it and see what's up. i got alot of different dip baits and some i haven't tried yet this is going to be my year for Experimentation. last year it was cut bait (shrimp=good, hotdogs=very good, bluegill=good, shad=very good, mackeral=Very good) now it's punch bait/dip bait year.:thumbsup:

2. nosnag

nosnag New Member

State:
    Florida
    You ca'nt go wrong with DK Punchbait.Check out the sponsor pages about it.Words are golden.

BILL

3. QuincyFisher

QuincyFisher New Member

State:
    Quincy,Illinois
    In my opinion DK's Garlic Punchbait is the stinkiest

4. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    I ordered DK's blood and used it for the first time two weeks ago. Nothing good happened in fairness however it didnt matter what I threw at them. The fish didnt want it. Going out again this weekend and will give it another try.

5. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    :) That would be Danny Kings punch bait..Hands down...;)

6. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    DK is an excellent choice, as is SureShot. God bless.

7. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

I'll admit, I never thought something that looked like cotton would catch fish, but DK's did the trick.

Ray

8. JReed

JReed New Member

State:
    Lima, Ohio
    Sure Shot punchbait is by far the best I have ever used. Look up catfish bait under google and you will find it. I buy it by the 5 gallon bucket.

9. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Never used PK however love to try it, live in Illinois and have caught alot of good size eating cats from 2-8 pounds on Geno's Stink bait from Carlyle Illinois.

10. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    I use bells of hell stink bait i wont buy anything u can get at most stores. never had luck with DKs maybe its just me or the area ive used it but ive been useing my dads bait for years and hard for me to change to anything else.

11. IamMike

IamMike New Member

State:
    Ohio (near cincy)
    I swear by Sonny's dip bait. I like the original 'flavor' best.

12. nathan king

nathan king New Member

State:
    vernon tx
    danny kings punchbait never been another better, ive been using it for about 29 years and it catches big and small landed 2 fish over 20 in less than 2 weeks this month.

13. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    I've had very good luck with Sure Shot the last couple of years. I will be trying some DK this season also.

Question for all you Punchbait users....................What's the coolest water you've had a consistent punchbait bite in? Did you chum?

Personally, 55 is about as cold as I've had any "real" success. I don't chum then but do catch them fairly shallow on timbered flats.

14. ultima_cat_man

ultima_cat_man New Member

State:
    granite city, ill
    sure shot is all i use ive never been skunked yet when using it, i would like to try some dks to compare but havent ordered any yet, maybe i will with my next catfish connection order,, tim

15. sbirnel

sbirnel New Member

State:
    TX
    I agree dk's used to be a great bait, but when they started making it in mass quantities the quality went down and its not the bait it used to be anymore....sureshot is still made in small batches by hand and works GREAT...if you dont get bites on sureshot, your fishing where they aint!

16. jimmy willaby

jimmy willaby New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    IT DEFINITELY WOULD BE MY OWN , IF I WOULD PUT CATTAILS IN IT BUT ,I HAD RATHER NOT MESS UP A GOOD BAIT. :big_smile: