Whats the best light to spot jugs

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by bodi, Jul 24, 2007.

1. bodi

bodi New Member

State:
    missouri
    i just bot a 2 million candlelight powerd light but its not bright a nough what do i do

2. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Get some DOT reflective tape and put it on your jugs. You can see them from miles away with just a flashlight...

Check local Farm & Fleet or similar stores.

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Down here that DOT reflective tape runs about $38.00 for a 20 foot roll. You can buy it on ebay, smaller amounts, but at about the same price per foot. Of course, Wally world has reflective tape in their automotive section, but I don't think it is quite as good.

4. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Bingo. Reflective tape is the ticket. I use a small Pelican flashlight that uses 2 of those snazzy lithium batteries in it for spotting jugs. It's puny (about 5" long) and I can stuff it in my pocket quickly if need be.

5. dewboy24us

dewboy24us New Member

State:
    Missouri
    i've only been jugging once so experience is not on my side. but i used clear bottles with glow sticks in them. just followed around the bouncing lights.

6. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    In the past, I've used reflective tape purchased at Auto Zone or some such place. The tape was 1" wide, and I cut it into 1" lengths. Three pieces equally spaced around the jug, plus one on the bottom gave very good visibility with a spotlight. Sometimes I'd also put a 1/2" X 1/2" piece on the cap. Most of this night jugging was done with a 500,000cp spotlight; I remember how proud I was of the first 1,000,000cp spotlight I bought.
    Recently, though, I've become more and more interested in using chem glow sticks. While they can be put inside the jugs, talks with other members lead me to believe that fastening the lightstick to the outside of the jug gives better visibility. A connector can be glued to the outside of the jug, so that when a lightstick is inserted into it, the lightstick extends out past the bottom. If you're using flagging jugs, when you get a bite, the lightstick sticks up into the air. If you're not using flagging jugs, how come? You're definitely missing a good thing.

7. r_p_narramore

r_p_narramore New Member

State:
    East KY
    I spray my jugs with flourescent orange paint. You can spot them from very long distances at night with a spotlight.

8. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    DAYLIGHT!!!! Trust me its way better than any of those lights and tape!!!!!:big_smile::smile2:Sorry couldnt resist!!!If you can find it DOT also has the reflective paint that they use on some markers.Its probably expensive though.:big_smile: