What's the Best Fishing Tunes to Listen to?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by festus, Sep 24, 2009.

1. festus

festus New Member

I like to listen to Credence Clearwater Revival and Steve Earle to name a few while I'm fishing. "The Best of the Doors" is great, especially when you stay up all night and it's almost daybreak. Can listen most country music from the 1950's to about the mid 1970's, but very little of today's. Like good old rock and roll, especially 1960's, 1970's, and 1980's, and heck, even some of the new stuff.

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I like the sounds of the woods when on the river. Never carry music on the boat! :wink: I go fishin' to get away from man made noise. :smile2:

Bill in SC

3. SnagHatr76

SnagHatr76 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I dont usually fish from a boat unless I go out with a friend but even then I cant ever recall a time where we listened to music while fishing

4. festus

festus New Member

Know what you mean Bill, I don't turn mine up loud and don't always listen to it, but on the way to and from a fishing trip I like it.

5. tyrupp

tyrupp New Member

State:
    Ellis,Kans
    My favorite tune while fishing is the sound of my clicker going off

6. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I love the solitude, too, but I was forced to learn to play slide guitar because of a nasty fishing accident that broke three fingers on my left hand. If it wasn't for the time I was out of work, and taking my slide guitar to the river bank, I never would have learned how to do it! I don't take music to river bank, I make music at the river bank. After all, that's where the Blues were born, on the Mississippi Delta Catfish holes!! LOL :wink:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  7. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I love music, but I think I love the sound of the outdoors better.Thats part of my relaxation is jus hearing the water,birds,fish jumping etc. But if I did, Im with ya on the Doors.

8. Critter Getter

Critter Getter New Member

State:
    Elnora, Indiana
    The only time I listen to music on the river is on those slow all nighters to help stay awake and when bowfishing. When fishing its definately some good ol days of country, especially some Waylon, Johnny Cash, and no nights complete without some Haggard. Bowfishings a bit different. Gotta have some 70's and 80's rock.

9. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    Sound of beer cans crack'n open

10. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    I've never listened to music while fishing , but I wonder what it would be like. I may try it one day , and when I do , the first track will likely be The Imperial March from The Empire Strikes Back:cool2:.

11. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Nothing gets my dander up quicker than relaxing on the bank,fishing and some jack a$$ blaring their music or "sharing" it with the whole world. Soundwaves travel farther and faster over water. So think about the neighbors while you are on the water.:sad2::wink:

12. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    Probably the sound of the camera's shutter clicking to take tose CPR photos is sweet music to a lot of catfishers. :wink: Just an observation.

Ray

13. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    I have a radio and tape deck in the boat, never use it unless its to check the weather. but my fishing buddy is country and i'm rock in roll, so i put a little black saboth on him on the way in just to here him bitch got to have some fun in the boat

14. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    I used to have a pair of headphones for when i was fishing alone. I usually kick it in with some wu-tang clan, styles P, or an instrumental beat and kick a freestyle if the fishing is getting slow. Im also partial to John Denver. and no Im not lying

15. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    ditto!

16. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    You got that right Bill from SC! :wink:

17. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    When setting around the house, I occasionally listen to "fisherman's' luck". Don't play music on the water as I'm usually so busy cussing out the college crowd I couldn't hear it if I was playing it. They can leave their music and big wakes at home, far as I'm concerned.

18. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Like my music but when it's a friday I listen to our local high school football game too.

19. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    Try listening to books. Music gets old pretty fast. Books can be entertaining for all day.

20. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    Pink Floyd, The Doors, Grateful Dead are all on my IPod with my headphones on.