What's the best April Fool's prank.....

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Catgirl, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

that's ever been played on YOU, or that you played on someone else?

Since the first of April will be here before long, I thought this might give us some good ideas for that day!

I can't say I remember ever "GETTING" someone with a good'un, but back in the day a friend got ME.

On April 1st my grandmother was visiting......a little cousin of mine was there too, she was around 7 at the time.

The phone rang and it was my buddy Jeff, who lived maybe a quarter mile away.

"TANYA, hurry! The Goodyear blimp just flew over my house! If you run outside you should be able to see it in a minute, it's coming your way!"

Here we all three go runnin' out the door and down the steps.....my grandmother, the cousin, and myself. There we were, wandering around the yard lookin' up at the sky. Darn blimp never showed! :smile2:

Then it dawned on me, what day it was. I went back inside and picked up the phone. "THANKS A LOT JEFF! My 70 year old Gran and little cousin are standing outside lookin' for that thing.....now they're so disappointed!"

I was irritated for about a minute, but then started laughing uncontrollably.

So, what's YOUR best April Fool's Day prank?

2. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    LOL, 2 years ago, I came home acting excited. Told my wife to get out of bed, get dressed and meet me at the lawyers office in 30 minutes. I just won the Powerball for 70million and we needed to get a lawyer to get us through all the paperwork. I told her I had to go to the bank and get some paperwork out of the safe deposit box and I'll meet her there.

I left and went to work then, almost 3 hours went past while I was at work and she called me on the cell. Asking whetre the heck I was, that she been sitting at the lawyers office waiting on me. I laughed and said April fools, then hung up on her.

She must not have thought it was as funny as I did because she didn't make supper for a week nor talk to me for a little longer after that.

3. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    When I started working for G.M. I needed a new car to get me back and forth to work. We were living in a Mega Appt.complex,and I was taking the buss to work. I got home one day and noticed that the guy next door had a brand new Caddy.I went into the house and told Debi to come out and look at our new ride.She came outside and saw this tank,and I told her to get in. She did and ohh she liked our new ride.I told her to toot the horn.She did,and when the guy next door came in and saw her and yelled "What the %^&* are you doing in my car"?She just about pucked.I then yelled April fool and they both went off!!Debi didnt talk to me for a week and the guy next door had to explain to me that what I did wasnt as cool as I thought.Needless to say I wouldnt do such a prank again.
    smokey

4. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Well, no. I doubt they would fall for it a second time.:wink:

5. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I don't think it was a good idea to have her in a lawyers office at that particular moment.:wink:

6. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Zalma Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    A few years ago I put that yellow "Police line crime scene" tape all around my next door neighbor's house. It was working great until Brenda came over to my house to call the cops to see why it was there. The cops came and took it down.

Here in St. Louis we have a big zoo and every year they get a lot of calls from people wanting to talk to Mr. G Raff, Mr. C Lyon, and Ms. Anna Konda. Great way to set up a salesperson.

7. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Miss T!!! Miss T!!! Quick, look out your window! LMAO:crazy:

8. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Russ, you just gave me a great idea with making a chalk line.:wink:

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    On april fools day many years ago I put a small snake in the teachers pencil drawer. I wrote a note and laid on her desk saying this is april fools day and there is no snakes in your pencil drawer. She could not resit and opened the drawer. It caused her to have an " Accident". :smile2:

10. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

BUMP for the evening BOC crowd! Come on people, most of the ones that've already been mentioned are a little too......BRAVE for my taste! :smile2:

11. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Several years ago....me and 2 freinds were hunting for arrowheads. I had found a new field that had just been freshly plowed. We began walking the field from one end to the other and just then one of my friends said there ain't even any flint in this field. I told him it was here....I could smell it. When they wasn't looking.....I took out an 8" spear point of dover flint( flawless) That I had bought the day before at the Nashville flea market and bent over and rubbed some mud on it and shouted out.....Oh my Gosh....look at this...woohooo...I told you it was here. They continued to hunt that field for 3 more hours while I sat at the car gloating. Later on that night as we were admiring the huge spearpoint ....I looked at them and said April fools.......LOL. They didnt think it was as funny as I did....:smile2:

12. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    This didn't take place on April 1 but it was funny. When I was about 19 we had a new neighbor move in next door who had a 17 year old son. We built a dummy for halloween. It had 2 X 4's inside to make it stand up, covered with insulated coveralls, styrofoam wig head with full lifelike halloween mask. We stood it up in the corner of his dad's livingroom. His dad came home later that evening entering from the side door which gave him a full view of the poorly lit livingroom corner where the dummy was standing. He freaked out and ran for the bedroom to get his shotgun. He got back to the livingroom with his cocked shotgun in hand just in time to see the dummy fall over and he cound see newspaper stuffed up the leg of the coveralls. He came over later to inform my dad of his "visitor". My dad snorted then laughed and the neighbor said "I don't think it's that damn funny I almost shot the bastard"!

There you go catchicky:tounge_out:

13. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    On a different note, the university newspaper at Virginia Tech would always (and probably still does) pull an April Fool's prank. I fell for it right along with every other student that I knew.

Every year they would announce a Billy Joel concert for April 1'st, complete with the typical coliseum seating chart; in fact, it looked like a valid spring concert announcement. Convinced that Billy Joel was going to provide the spring concert entertainment, students (freshmen, of course) would clamor to get tickets, only to discover that they had been duped!

What is so hilarious was that the entire student body kept the secret to themselves. You fell for it, and you surely were going to make certain that the next class fell for it, too!

14. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I guess yall might think I'm a stick in the mud,But I honestly cant remember ever playing an April fools joke on anyone:roll_eyes: Really never did that as I stayed in trouble most of my young years ,So I tried to avoid anything like that:smile2:

15. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The best one I ever witnessed was two years ago. A buddy and I were driving down a 25 mph street in town. I saw a 40' extension ladder knocked halfway over leaning on this house's chimney, in the driveway lay a mangled twisted guy about 35 years old. I grabbed the cell and ran up to him; he was covered in catsup and telling me to go away cause his wife would be home in a few minutes! It was very convincing.
    I bet he is now divorced or dead..............:wink:

16. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    from reading these post i,m just wondering were the jokes worth the trouble u got in to with the WIFES,freinds ?:smile2:

17. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    One year when I was about 10 or so me and mom were leaving on a road trip. Ya know packing all kinds of stuff. My buddy from across the street comes over to talk and I tell him we're moving to florida and its the last time id see him. He went home and told his mom and sisters and they all came over to say good bye. Mom looked at me and I couldnt keep it in anymore and I yelled April Fools. Everybody thought it was pretty funny.