Whats The Best angle for flush mounted fishing rod holders

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by o'boro cat hunter, Jan 17, 2009.

1. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    angle for flush mounted poll holders, of the back of your boat,using circle hooks . Thanks Aaron

2. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    i like driftmaster
    i do not trust cheap plastic to hold my expensive rod and reels with either a big cat or tree stump while drifting.
    anchored, i might use the plastic if thats all i have

3. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    It seems most people like the angle to be between 30 and 45 degrees, give or take a couple degrees.

As a side note.. flush mounted rod holders are made of many different materials, plastic, aluminum, steel... doesn't mean that they're cheap. :wink:

4. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    when im anchored i like the rod tip atleast 45%.. the higher the better to me it seems like i get better hookups with the rod tips high so they can really load the tip with circle hooks.

5. Shawn

Shawn New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'm doing some work on my boat, and had this same question. I guess some of it depends on how high the transom is off the water. I see a lot of pics with those driftmaster holders that look like 30/45 deg.

Anyone else have input here... I was thinking about 40 or so for mine, but I fish more live baits with traditional hook types.

Shawn

6. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    I like 45° for 99% of my fishing. Only time I like less angle is if I am fishing strait down off the side of the boat.

7. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Majority of mine are 30 degree. Really haven't had any problems with them. I'm using circles most of the time.