What's that smell? A skunk?

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jfwillia1998, Aug 18, 2006.

1. jfwillia1998

jfwillia1998 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Unfortunately it is. I got the big fat doughnut tonight. I marked up some good fish and decent numbers in a few spots, but they had the lock jaw on me. Didn't even get a bite. Oh well, that's why they call it fishing...

Hope you all are doing better than I.

See ya,
    John

2. CMJ

CMJ Guest

What's wrong with you John, I've never been skunked.................:big_smile:

You believe that don't you.....?

3. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    I Don't Ever get Skunked!!! We do get to count Turtles and Gar now don't brothers and Sisters? LOL J.D.Straka PS I get Skunkaruddied More times than I like to ADMIT

4. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey john dont let them fellows fool ya. i seen one of them smell skunk one day and i might see it again this weekend. it all boils down to you left to early...........lol. you should have stayed another day or two and you would have beat the skunk.

5. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    I know that smell all to well. But there is always a next time. Thanks for the report.

6. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Years ago I got that smell too..

I NEVER have that problem now..

All you need to do is find one of These :lol:

7. catrod

catrod New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Get skunked more than I like. I get skunked @ catting quite a bit, just never post it.

8. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    YEP IT'S CALLED FISHING NOT CATCHING..BEEN THERE DONE THAT, GOT THE T-SHIRT TO PROVE IT:big_smile: :lol:

9. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Does that smell come off if you rub a bream? Are is catfish the only thing that kills it? LMAO

10. jfwillia1998

jfwillia1998 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I think I'm gonna have myself steamed to see if the smell comes out...if not, it's the tomato bath. Michael I think you're right, I should have called in sick, fished all week, and eaten bait fish as sushi for sustenance. Crap, what was I thinking. Can't wait to here how you and Jeff did at Santee.

Separate issue: anyone know how to reduce the size of a picture (i.e. it's kb size) so that you can use it on this website?

Thanks,
    John

11. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    John, just sent you a pm for pic resizing. Let me know if I can help.

As for that skunk smell, its gotten me more than I care to admit. But I still keep trying to beat the skunk! :smile2:

12. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey I'm reppin ya for your post thats really clever.pk powell:lol:

13. jfwillia1998

jfwillia1998 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Thanks you all. I just wanted to have some fun with what was an uneventful night of fishing.

14. jfwillia1998

jfwillia1998 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    What's the significance of the little green squares (I'm assuming rep points) and of the gold coins?

Thanks again