Whats new on your tackle wish list?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by flathunter, Nov 4, 2005.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I am leaning to one of these two reels, an abu 10000, or a Calcutta 700TE..Of course I could get 3 more penn 320 gt2's for the price of one Calcutta..But if I bought the 3 penns, I would have to get 3 rods to go with them, I hate having a reel without a rod and vise versa...I dont know what I should do..For rods I am thinking about another ugly stik tiger rod, or a ugly stik big water boat rod....It's not even wnter yet, that is when I get bored and buy most of the stuff I wont use next year, so I am kinda worried..Also I dont have any idea how I can afford this stuff, but I will find away :D

2. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    All I want is an ABU 7000,now if I can just talk someone into giving it to me for Christmas.Santa I've been a good boy. :rolleyes:

3. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member

State:
    Indy
    Does anyone own a Gator's Custom Rod/ Reel Set-up? Do you recommend this combo? I'm also trying to find something for X-Mas! Thanks for the info!

4. gofish

gofish New Member

State:
    Greenville MS
    I have a Gator rod. I've got a Penn 309 mounted on it. The rod is fantastic. Very strong. I've had it about a year and have no complaints.

5. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    I got a gator rod from Jim and the derned thing is so pretty, I went out and bought a Cacutta to put on it. It's a great combonation.

6. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Catfish Connection!!!

7. Kittycatcher

Kittycatcher New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Te
    Thats what I want, Too!

8. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    a boat thats all i want

dusty

9. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    me too bluecatnut. i have a 10'er with a 36# minnkota for the creeks here a 17'fish and ski with a 50hp and a 40# minnkota for the lakes. but i have another 36#minnkota and a 5.5 custom pained evinrude that needs a 14' to mount it on FOR THE ROCK RIVER AND THE MACKINAW.

WONDER IF THE WIFE WILL GET ME IT???? LOL. I DOUGHT IT.
    :crying: :crying: :crying:

10. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member

State:
    Indy
    I looked on the Catfish Connection site for a Gator Rod, and couldn't find anything. Was I looking in the wrong spot? Any links would be greatly appreciated :)

11. Whistler

State:
    TN
  12. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    at top of page click on gators custom rods and you are there man

13. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    My wish list would be a 20 plus foot pontoon boat , out fitted for fishing of coarse and a bout a 150 merc on the back, but that will have to wait a while, but not to long. Good fishing to all. :rolleyes:

14. Whistler

State:
    TN
    Well Mark, I got the boat, but not that engine!! LOL Only a 75 Honda on mine. LOL Now that I know you're in Clarksville we'll have to hit that water sometime. Best darn night fishing platform there is in my opinion. Do we have a Cat dealer in Clarksville?

15. capt.kirk

capt.kirk Guest

my tackle box pretty much looks like catfish connection now,i to am leaning
    towards a rod by GATOR, before i talk to gator i will be studying up on reels,
    like i need another one!
    WHISTLER if my plans work out im going to be fairly close to clarksville,
    and aint much i like better than hunting cats at night,we might be able
    to get togther in the spring,how about that?
    KIRK :D

16. Whistler

State:
    TN
    You betcha!! We'll plan it when it's a bit closer. But that'll be great.

17. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    HHhhmmmm....

(Someday) and Gator rod, with a Penn 310 on it.

A 7 ft Ugly, with an Abu Garcia 6500

A new (bigger) tackle box

A boat

An old school green Stanley thermos for my coffee while I'm trying to catch some big'uns with my new gear. ;)

18. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    My next item will probably be a boat hopefully. lol

19. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Tackle Wish List: Probally 3 more Abu 7000's possibly a Black Limited Edition Abu 10000, but I think thats really overkill. I now have more more than enough rods (did I just say that? Is there such a thing? :confused: ). At tax return time I will be looking for a shallow running small river boat.

20. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    the problem with my list is the fact that i need/want all new gear from top to bottom a boc hat,coveralls,hiking boots,a new fishing rod/reel combo, gloves for toasty hands this winter lol heavy coat/raincoat new tackle box,new tackle, new bait and new ways to transport fish back and forth from the lake back to the pond at the house lol should i go into detail? lmao nah i've kinda said enough lol