Whats new ? Any monsters in the last year ?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by anakin, Jan 20, 2010.

1. anakin

anakin Member

State:
    Florence, Az.
    Hey folks, long time no talk. I know I been MIA on BOC. I havent been hitting the water as much as I would like. I made it to the Salt River maybe 3 times last year. I was mainly trying to show my friend Eric the ropes. Which I believe I did a good job of. He posted a little on the board last year under the alias "Galatic". I remember having one good run out of all the trips that set my clicker off, 80 lb braid snapped when went to set hook. Dont know what in the world happend. I should of checked my line better before casting out. Rookie mistake, I know... I was very disappointed. Anyone on the board catch any monsters last year ?

Since then I've moved to Texas. Took me a couple months to find a job. Once I get my finances straight & get my poles that I left in Tucson, I'm going to start hitting the local waters. Im near a lake that supposably has the best Blue catfishing in the state. I am also interested in catching a monster Gar. We'll see how the fishing goes & I promise to keep my BOC fam updated.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  2. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Hey, good to hear from you, hope all is well. I believe I caught my share of fish last year, and missed the big ones! I am already so exciting for the spring I went out to check my rods in the middle of the night, hearing a reel click, In My Garage! Catch those Texas cats!

3. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    :cowboy:R U in Texas or West Texas ?

4. anakin

anakin Member

State:
    Florence, Az.
    Azcataholic - Good to hear from you to. Sorry we never got a chance to fish together like we had planned. I wonder if anyone has caught a monster from the Salt recently?

Bubbacat - Im actually living in Conroe now. I hear Lake Conroe has some of the best Blue Catfishing around. I still need to figure out some bank fishing tactics to target them. I checked on google maps, when I make it to the water Im going to start near the dam. I've read they like deep water.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  5. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I looked at a map. wow! looks like your in fishing heaven lots of lakes !:cowboy:

6. anakin

anakin Member

State:
    Florence, Az.
    Bubba - Im very lucky. If I really wanted to get a hook wet, theres a pond right behind the place im staying at. Its only a 1 min walk if that. I hear they have small channels in there. Gar & Blues is what im after now !

7. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    What up Dwain? good to hear from you bro. No monster flats for me, but i have caught more cats over 20 lbs this year... I am optimistic for a good one in 2010.

I hope you get a big gar, they look like fun to catch~ but not so much fun to unhook.
    ~A

8. anakin

anakin Member

State:
    Florence, Az.
    Hey azflats, how you doing ? Good to hear you mastered Flathead fishing. You always seemed to have the most luck out of anyone on the Az board. I havent caught a Flathead since like 06. lol.

With that mouth full of teeth that the Gar have, I'd hate to get bitten by one.

I think I'm going to be hitting the water sooner then later. I just got hired as a Correctional Officer at a federal prison. My finances should be straight shortly. I just need to get my gear from Az.