whats most important for you?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by flatheadslayer, Dec 28, 2009.

1. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    I read a lot of posts on here,and just talking to different people.And it got me to thinking.whats the most important thing to you when it comes to fishing.There seems to be one word missing from fishing talk any more(FUN).most folks talk like its only about the competition any more.who can catch the most,who can catch the biggest,who's got the braggin' rights.to me the big fish come often enough,if they don't,oh well.i don't need to impress noone.it's about having FUN.If it gets to the point where copetition is so important that i can't or don't enjoy it anymore,i'll hang it up.like i said i like my big fish,but some of my most enjoyable trips came when i caught nothing.FUN & ENJOYMENT are the most important parts of fishing to me.whats most important to yall?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  2. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    The most important things to me while fishing are many. I'll say the main things are peace an quiet and the great talks I have when a friend comes along.

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    pretty much the same as Glenn,there is nothing better than wetting a line and a good friend there with ya to visit with.:big_smile:

4. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    dont get me wrong i love catchin fish.....but what i like most i s the peace and quit of the everyday hustle and bustle ....(do i here a amen)....:wink:

5. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    I love to fish, but its ok when they arn't biting, I have a fishing buddy we have know each other 38 plus years and fish together most weekends. If i don't get bite its ok, just good to sit inthe boat and drowned bait, and listen to his stories about the big one he's going to catch

6. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    Very good post preston , Like you and some of the others said it is for the pleasure,relasation and enjoyment of the outdoors. I have enjoyed a lot of naps while fishing and hunting. I think catching something or killing a squirrell is just an added bonus. :big_smile:

7. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Great Post...

I know for me its taking someone that dont get to get out much and seeing them catch fish.

I alwas try to take a few new fishermen/women/kids out every year in the boat for a day of fishing and do a shore lunch of the days catch.

8. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I spent many nights on the water with my kids and my buddy Chris catching nothing but at the same time having a bunch of laughs and some cold beers...and cold juices for the kids:wink:. Before he moved away, Chris would provide non stop entertainment...wether it was him falling in the water...hooking himself...or snagging a tree on the other side of the canal after braggin about his super long cast ablility:smile2:...the laughs were always there...and we might not even get a bite on those nights.

9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Its all about getting out and having fun to me,Not into the great hunt for the monster or "Trophy" .

10. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I agree Preston, if it ever gets to the point it isn't fun, i'll quit and go back to golf. I tourney fished for bass several years and love the competition, but i fish cause i just like to fish. Any kind of fishin at that.

11. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    aint nothing like getting out relaxing on a quiet nite shootin the bull with my friends dont matter whether i catch anything or not its fun just being out

12. SouthGADan

SouthGADan New Member

State:
    Lyons, GA
    Excellent thread Preston. For me, I just like to have fun. It's nice catching big fish, but it's what happens all around that that makes it so great. Fishing is one of most perfect activities to me. You get to be outside in God's wonderful creation, enjoy time together with friends and family, have the excitement of catching something or even getting a bite, and if you want, you get to bring some food home. Ain't that cool?

13. KY KATS

KY KATS New Member

State:
    ky
    I would have to say a good net man.

14. Graham

Graham New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    My wife never gives me a hard time if I want to go fishing or hunting, nor does she give me a hard time when I come back empty handed. She is grateful for the happier person that comes through the door. I'm not a big church goer these days, but I always see Him when I wander the woods or sit by the water.

15. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I like to be out, and hate just sittin around. I was goin a lot and folks asked me why, I just told em its better than watchin TV. Sometimes they bitin, sometimes not, I like the action when they do, I like the struggle to get em in. I like that I am successful and getting a bite, whether crappie, walleye, sheephead or catfish.

There is a place I go and can limit out on walleye in 20 min, but they are pretty small. The guys fishing there are good to talk with. Sometimes I get so bored I drive to fish where I never get nothin just to sit on the dock and be doing something, talkin with the other folks fishin there. I'm outside, using my gear, readin a magazine or book, watchin the ducks and geese, enjoyin time out there.

16. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    I was gonna say beer.:embarassed:

17. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I've been doing the "have fun fishin" thing for many years but at this point in my fishing, the fun comes from the chase of the big cats.

I enjoy all the searching and work that goes with it and I'm having a blast. It's pretty rare for me to go fishing for small fish anymore but I wont complain if that's all I get : )

I guess to some, my fishing might not be considered " relaxing " but to me it actually is..........its that thrill of the chase.

-Jim-