Whats it worth?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by catfishcrazyjr, Apr 11, 2007.

1. catfishcrazyjr

catfishcrazyjr New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    i am thinking of sell ing my boat, it is a 16 foot alum. lowe-line(flatbottem with a v ) with 1953 15 hp evinrude, 4 rod holders, cuda 168 dephfinder. and a few little extras, what do you guys think i should ask for it? here is a few pics motor is not that clean anymore could use a good wash job(boat and motor) good title for boat

Attached Files:

2. catfishcrazyjr

State:
    oklahoma
    here is 2 more pics

Attached Files:

3. catfishcrazyjr

State:
    oklahoma
    and here is one of the motor

4. catfishcrazyjr

State:
    oklahoma
    it will not let me load it but you can see them under evinrude pics

5. Larry Collier

Larry Collier New Member

State:
    Wagoner, Oklahoma
    Jeremy thats a tough question to answer. Not being a boat trader and not having seen your rig in person all I can do is give an opinion based on what I've seen in the past. When I bought my latest boat the motor was what sold me on the boat. The boat needed lots of TLC, the trailer tongue was, and still is, slightly bent, the frame and fenders had light rust with bad paint, the lights didn't work and the tires were poor. But the motor started easily and purred like a kitten. All said and done I got the rig for about what the motor was worth. As a general rule either the boat itself or the motor alone will sell a rig depending on the total asking price. The fewer maintenance items there are to haggle over is a major plus. I've seen rigs similar to yours going for anywhere from $500 to $1500 but I have no idea what the differences were between each rig that resulted in such a price range. My best guess would be engine performance and total rig maintenance issues.

6. catfishcrazyjr

State:
    oklahoma
    is is for sale now on craigslist oklahoma city and you know boc bros get a better deal

7. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey Jeremy,That is the boat Iv been looking for:eek:oooh: Would ya do a trade for her????Iv got a 1991 Geo Storm Hatchback,It has a cracked intake manafold $50.00 part.My dad gave me this car 10 years ago it get's 34mpg and it is a sweet LITTLE car,It is just WAY to small for me Im 6'5" and 305lbs I cant stand the thought of my kid's thrashing it Like I said my Dad gave it to me and he passed away 3yrs ago and I know he would be kool with me trading it for a fishing boat,And this would be a good chance to Bless a Brother:smile2: So think about it...........

8. catfishcrazyjr

State:
    oklahoma
    sorry pat, i to am a big guy 6'1 330 and i just got a blazer is there anything else you have to trade or we can work somthing out i will pm you where is it that you live?

9. whiskerbattler

whiskerbattler New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Did you sell the boat yet? How much are you asking? Are you willing to set up a payment plan? Looking for a decent value on a boat. As all beats the one i dont have lol.

10. catfishcrazyjr

State:
    oklahoma
    its on ebay if it dont sell i will work with you

11. whiskerbattler

State:
    Oklahoma
    Is there anyway you can tell me the listing at ebay so i can go look at it i am to new to see pics here thanks

12. slickrick

slickrick New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Howdy, I'd say $750 for all. When was the last time your motor had a tune-up?:lol:

13. catfishcrazyjr

State:
    oklahoma
  14. catfishcrazyjr

State:
    oklahoma
    yes , the title on ebay is (1973 16" loweline alum. v. fishing boat) if you go to ebay and type that in the search field it should pull it up or pm me your email and i will send it to you

15. whiskerbattler

State:
    Oklahoma
    did you ever sell it? If so what did it bring for ya!!