whats it weigh?

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by Flamekeeper, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    James and myself went to a 45-50?acre watershed lake today, I got there before him and was catching bait(bluegills) caught one around 4" and stuck him on a hook and pitched him out in front of the old concrete thing that has the valves inside(open in the front) fished it around 71/2' in 16' water, as soon as it hit the water and the float started to straighten up,it took off sideways:eek:oooh:. I cranked him on in and I caught myself a Bass:smile2:. That was neat.

James showed up and got his gear out as I continued catching bait. He's a dip bait fisherman, I had 2 poles out with gills and 1 with cut fillet. Time passed on for awhile and we moved down the dam to the spillway area where I had just caught a 1 1/2lb channel and threw-em all out .

I pitched a gill out in front of some old dead limbs that were laying in the water about 7' 6". WE were talking and I just happen to notice the float was gone by the limbs :eek:oooh:. Got over to it and set the hook and it got wrapped up into the limbs after he went under them and took off about 50' of line. I finally got it undone(Man I thought I was going to pop that line) after 5-10min I grabbed him up a nice Flathead

( What do you think this fish weighed?) I weighed it on 2 separate digital scales just to check the weight. But I want to see what you guys think..Because Both of us guessed wrong.:embarassed: Oh well. I'll post the weight later, Who can guess close to the actual weight ?.:wink:

It went on for awhile and we moved again down the lake and set-up again and James Finally caught 2 channels. 2 apiece today its getting better:big_smile::cool2:

Attached Files:

2. BARathke

BARathke New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I'm guessing 13.8!

3. Gills4Flats

Gills4Flats New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    22 Flat (Pun intended)

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    17.6lbs.....Really no idea.:confused2: It looks short but fat, hard to guess that weight. I'd say i'm way off...:eek:oooh::roll_eyes::smile2:

5. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    I'LL GO WITH 18 LBS :wink:

6. 1 4 Fishing

1 4 Fishing New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
  7. rclark

rclark New Member

State:
    Virginia
    He looks solid!! 19.5

8. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
  9. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I was going with 12.5 but since that is taken already, I'll say 13 even.

Bill in SC

10. tyrupp

tyrupp New Member

State:
    Ellis,Kans
  11. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
  12. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
  13. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
  14. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    I'd guess 9 to 14 pounds max by the picture. Easier to guess a weight in person..pics can be decieving.

15. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    18-maybe even 20 Lbs. Kenny's a pretty stout fella and that looks like Arnold Flatheadzinegar....thick fish...:eek:oooh:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  16. KATTERMAN

KATTERMAN New Member

State:
    OKLA
    12 lb,sure is a pretty flathead like the dark color