Whats it take

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by 223reload, Dec 6, 2009.

1. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Here lately,I've seen a bunch of posts from folks basically brow beating others for misspelling words,IMO we aren't in school any more ,get over it. To those of you who think you gotta teach others to spell,What does it take to actually tell someone they are misspelling on an open forum???? I just cant find it in myself to degrade someone for a misspelled word,Jeese Louiese.:confused2:

2. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    You spelled liouese wrong richard..Just kidding..I hate it when people get mad because if you are typing fast you accidentally hit the wrong button o whell...iif you have no clue what the word is ask the poster!!!jmo!!!

3. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    I don't mind some misspelling, but some of it is awful.... I understand that some people may not be the best spellers in the world, and that's okay, but sometimes it's like they take extra time to see how bad they can spell the words.

I suppose it's not worth causing trouble over.....

I've go a plan to solve this though. Each time you see a misspelled word, drink a beer or do a shot of whiskey....:eek:oooh: Most likely you'll eventually see fewer misspelled words.....:smile2::smile2:

4. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj

I'm with ya!!! plus the fact that I'm the worlds worst speller, I don't even notice it most of the time. LOL:smile2: I just don't see how it's that big of a deal to make a specific post pointing out spelling mistakes. :confused2: :confused2: :confused2:

5. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    I sure am glad I have spell check:tounge_out::wink::tounge_out:

6. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
    I agree I'm here to laugh have fun discuss things and most of all learn more about what I love Catfishing. Aint got no time to be giving anyone spelling lessons:smile2::smile2: especially since i'm one of the worst lol

7. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Dont some people have anything else better to do than grade peoples spelling?

8. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I got this from another site if you can read it quit harping on misspelling :smile2:

9. My big clumbsy fingers on this little laptop do me in all the time, haha.:big_smile:

10. carolinakid76

carolinakid76 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    heck I can't spell my middle name.:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

11. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Richard I'm with you on this one. It ain't so much the spelling for me as it is the typing. Course I only took half a year of typing 40 years ago and I failed that! With hands like mine I would never make a secretary. Now that I think about it I ain't got the legs for it either.

12. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    only thing is sometimes its hard to understand what folks mean depending on what word was mispelled. Next thing will be grammar, but its pretty bad on here, and different vocabulary and ways of saying stuff from different parts of the country. If it was important, the monitors would preview every post and insist we use the Queen's English. Not too good on that one.

13. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    [ Now that I think about it I ain't got the legs for it either.[/QUOTE]

ROTFLMAO That would be a sight. Wouldn't have to worry about the boss chasing you around the room.:smile2:

14. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    If u onerstan and git the mesage, who keers bout the spelin???:smile2::smile2::smile2: Stay safe and Happy Holidays!!!:wink:

15. justcallme12

justcallme12 New Member

State:
    MS
    I'm guilty Richard. I have once or twice corrected someones spelling. Although I'm not perfect either. But any time I do correct someone. I feel terrible for correcting them..lol

16. centexcop

State:
    Texas
    This reminds me of some age old wisdom... If it feels bad, don't do it.....:smile2::smile2:

17. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    So,anyone,Whats it take to say that?/ I just dont get it,I aint perfect,sometimes hit two keys at once,forget to use spellcheck,guess I'm only human.:crazy::roll_eyes::wink::smile2::smile2::smile2:

18. justcallme12

justcallme12 New Member

State:
    MS
    My name is Lana.. and I have a problem correcting spelling...LOL..... btw it don't feel bad until after i do it then I relize I might have actually offended someone or hurt their feelings.... SO I'M SORRY!!!! :embarassed::smile2:

19. centexcop

State:
    Texas
    Hi Lana, welcome to Correcting Spellers Anonymous. How many days has it been since you've corrected? :smile2::smile2:

20. justcallme12

justcallme12 New Member

State:
    MS
    ROTF Now thats funny!!