What's in your tape (cd) player on your fishing trips?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Shawn, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Shawn

Shawn New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I always like some “road music” playing in my car the way to the fishin’ hole. Just curious what you all listen to?

Here’s a few of my favorites….

Allmans, Grateful Dead, Zeppelin, Cream, Hendrix, Mellencamp, Neil Young, Bela Fleck, Union Station (like that bluegrass music), and country folks like Emmylou Harris, Willie Nelson, Flying Burritos, too

I have several mix tapes made up to keep things interesting… Rustic Roads, Twangy Tunes, Road Songs and River Tunes…

Imagine you’re in the car before sunrise on the way out to the river playing Midnight Rider playing (or a few hours past midnight on the way home); driving through the country singing along with Country Roads; out on the highway cranking Pink Houses, Truckin’ or Movin’ (BadCo); pulling up to the launch cranking Blue Sky; or I Know You Rider (love the Sonny Landreth version) anywhere along the way...

Shawn

ps almost forgot Mary Chapin Carpenter "I Feel Lucky" gotta like that one!!!

2. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    I have listened to the same Cd for 2 years now, it has CCR, Crosby Stills Nash and Young, Lynard Skynard, Allman Brothers, eagles, and clapton

3. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Either Some Jazz like TRIBAL TECH or some gospel music.

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    ZZ Top, Frank Zappa, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Lynard Synard. Well thats just some of my favorite's.:cool:

5. Blue Bruiser

Blue Bruiser New Member

State:
    St Louis, Missouri
    For some strange and unknown reason I always find myself listening to White Zombie while on the way to the ramp. Maybe Subliminally I think that if I get thinkin like the evil, dark natured blue that roams my rivers I can take him. LOL

:evil-big:

6. Ohio_River_Rat

Ohio_River_Rat New Member

State:
    Charlestown, Indiana
    ACDC, Alan Jackson, Allman Bros., BTO, Boston, Brooks & Dunn, CCR, Craig Morgan, The Doors, EAGLES, Clapton, Thorogood, HANK JR, Hendrix, ZEPPELIN, SKYNYRD, steppenwolf, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Nugent, Toby Keith, Willie Nelson, ZZ top

7. brian sax

brian sax New Member

State:
    shawnee kansas
    Mostly listen to the charlie daniels, george strait, brooks and Dunn just to name a few. As long as its country.

8. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    usually some old Mercyful fate, or............SLAYER! :D

9. blkhawkdwn

blkhawkdwn New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Al Greene, Marvin Gaye, Marvin Sease, Bobby Wamack, Ottis Redding, Betty wright, Sam Cook, Brian Mcknight, Cool and the Gang, Earth,wind & fire, Commadors, Garth Brooks,

there isn't enough room to list them all but i have listed a few.

10. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

If it ROCKS it gets played.

Ray

11. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    I guess I would have to say Mark Knopler, Rob Zombie, many others. No Country though

12. Shawn

Shawn New Member

State:
    Illinois
    oh, yes! ZZ Top Eliminator...that one makes me drive faster :thumbsup:

and I do listen to some jazz occasionally too Grant Green, or maybe some Metheny

and if I really want to rock out - try Van Halen Eruption cranked just before launching the boat sometime! That will get your blood pumping...

Shawn

13. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Shamefully...............sports talk radio:0a13:

After the boats on the river I like to find a nice snag, toss out a couple of perch and listen to a ball game.............while sipping a cool one of course!!

Flathead fishing rocks:)

14. Fishinfreak

Fishinfreak Member

State:
    North Bend,Ohio
    The Mighty Metallica.

15. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    I like it all, Shania Twain to Nina Simone, Willie Nelson to Blind Lemon Jefferson, Van Morrison to John Coltrain, Stevie Ray Vaugh, Ester Phillips, Janus Joplin, Jimmy Hendricks, Tab Benoit, Ray Charles,Tommy Castro, B.B. King, Santanna, Walon Jennings, Black Eyed Peas, Eric Clapton, Nora Jones, man it's hard to stop!

16. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    I'll like to add some more music to this list because I like the same kind of music (Old School R & B) :

Johnny "Guitar" Watson / Bobby Womack / Con Funk Shun / Heatwave / Chicago / Hall & Oates / L.T.D. / Rufus & Chaka Khan / The Isley Brothers / The Ohio Players / The Gap Band / The Whispers / Barry White / The Bar-kays / The Brother Johnson / The Tower of Power / Parliament / The Spinners. :)

There's nothin' like the "Old School"! ;)

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool:
    (Shaina)

17. Icemanxxxv

Icemanxxxv New Member

State:
    Smithville Missouri
    Every day I got the Blues. Old Blues New Blues Delta Blues Chicago Blues Electric Blues and Oh yeah Clasic Rock. On some nights if the Moon is Right Pink Floyd Echos or Darkside of the Moon.

18. dgde4x4man

dgde4x4man New Member

State:
    La Moille, Illinois
    Well since I call my friends hoss I'll let you guess...
    Waylon Jennings! Nothing better than 'ol watashi.

19. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    country or lite jazz or classical

20. Madtownangler

Madtownangler New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I used to bring my mp3 CD player with up to 150 songs on a CD and play it randomly. Now I have a regular mp3 player with over 1600 songs on it right now. I can get about 6000 or so on when it's filled. I mostly listen to 80's and 80's remixes. Imagine being out fishing at midnight BS-ing with a bunch of guys and "Like A Virgin" by Madonna comes up on the speakers next. The funny part is when people start singing along with it. My favorite fishing music is by "Da Yoopers" which is a Wisconsin/Northern Michigan thing.