What's in your tackle box?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by 10gaOkie, Jun 22, 2008.

1. 10gaOkie

10gaOkie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I may be wierd but if it don't catch catfish, it don't go into my box. I do go for an occasional mess of crappie but I don't need anything special for it that isn't in my box anyway. There are no crankbaits, jigs or spinners.
    I have one three tray Plano, hard box, that holds various types and sizes of hooks. I have various sizes of bank and egg sinkers along with line beads, barrel swivels, stink bait holders, sponges, slip corks and my various catfish rigs. Also one spool of 50# mono, needle nose pliars, side cutters, spare stringer, surgical gloves, small maglite, flip open knife, fillet knife, small file, small screwdriver set, bandaids, sm. bottle of alcohol,, gauze & white tape.
    My second box is a soft case, six-pac size, which holds my stink and punch baits. I also have a cheap rain jacket in there plus a roll of trotline cord and stringer. I may have missed something but that is basicly it. What's in your tackle box?
    Chris

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    About the same in my box,I dont use latex gloves tho. I dont use stink bait either.

3. Redneck1

Redneck1 Guest

I like to keep a cigarette lighter in my tackle box, you never know when you're gonna need a fire.
    :big_smile:

4. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages

I could see what the gauze and white tape would be for with the alcohol. LOL

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    hhoks, sinkers, swivels, knife, scale, extra reel with line,,thats about it.

6. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Other than the basic terminal tackle for catfishing and a small little bit of tackle for catching blue gills i have a small first aid kit, a multi tool, spare pocket knife, small led flashlight, extra batteries for the flash light, small bottle of hand sanatizer, tweezers, small pencil torch with extra gas, basic tools to fix a reel, two bic lighters, my gps if im going way out somewhere where im not familiar with being.

7. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    The only things I can add, that haven't been mentioned, are small hooks for catching bait, and a pair of bifocal sun glasses with 2.0 magnification.

Rant follows: I am generally unhappy with the state of tackle boxes. I just bought a new 3 tray Plano, and it is flimsy to the point of being useless. I have a couple of older Planos that are twice the boxes the new one is, and I'll prolly end up going back to one of them, even though they're old and half wore out. I'm done now. ::sips coffee::

8. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    About the same as what you have.

9. ho_shi

ho_shi New Member

State:
    Texas
    treble hooks various sizes and configurations
    some hooks of different sizes and configurations
    rod tip glow sticks
    bells
    stringer
    bobbers
    lighted bobbers
    extra bats
    small flashlight
    rubber gloves
    stink bait
    magic bait (from contest won on here)
    knife
    weights all sizes and shapes
    extra line (for leaders and respoolin)
    needlenose
    regular pliers
    steel leaders
    swivels (different sizes)
    snap hooks (different sizes)
    REEL MAGIC
    catfish attractant spray
    garlic spray (when i got it)

think that bout covers it
    that dont include the jugs, trotline, and other misc stuff i carry in truck

10. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I use a backpack so I have quite a bit of stuff. It helps lighten the load on some of my bank spots that require some walking. I keep all sizes of hooks, for cats and bait, sinkers, slip floats, pliers, balloons, small first aid kit, scale, camera, glowsticks, flashlight,extra batteries for my aerator, electrical tape, an extra pair of socks, waterproof matches, radio for storms, rod holders and a deck of cards for when the bite is slow. I take a stringer if I plan on keepin any. If I go wading all I take is a small box with hooks and sinkers and a small box that hooks onto your belt for fresh bait. I keep my camera and phone in a water tight box as well. I have gone through too many.:smile2: I even have one of those small telecopic poles tha Coleman makes so that I always have a bait pole. I love my backpack, it has made my life alot easier!

11. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hooks,swivels,beeds Keep the sinkers and leader line seperate ,All I need :eek:oooh:

12. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Pretty much what everybody else has said, but I always keep a box of strike anywhere matches. You just never know!!:wink:

Deb