Whats in your tackle box ?

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by Bigben, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Bigben

Bigben New Member

State:
    southcentral,ky
    Getting ready to clean out my tackle box and was wondering what everyone else had
    it could help the beginners to get the right stuff to catch more cats and less time buying things they dont need.
    you can even include things you take catfishing.I will post my stuff ether tonight or tommorow
    let me be the first to thank you all for sharing
    :handshake:

2. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I usually got more crap than I need, but I like to have a fingernail clipper, swiss army knife, needle nose pliers, pack of 8/0 circle hooks, various other hooks, an assortment of sinkers, swivels, snap swivels, split shot, sometimes a fillet knife, 10 ft stringer, crappie spinners, lures for northerns, bobbers, sinker slides, beads, 40 lb mono for makin leaders, pre-snelled hooks, crappie bait, marshmallows, cap light or flashlight, some wire for hookin up sinkers, and other useless crap.

3. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    I have all my hooks..I would reccomend using kahle hooks and i have all my sinkers..No-rolls and bank sinkers 2-8oz. and some line for leaders and in a n emergenc if i have ot re spool on the water..scale.I have a berkely 50 lb scale..I want a berkely tec if i ever see a scale go above 28 lbs.lol..A few bobbers because i use the santee drift rig..swivels and beads..some times some dib bait fishing tackle...a multi tool and a pocket knife and some needle nose pliers rod holders and a cap light...I bought a flint this year to take with me..and a stringer if i gut hook the fish.

4. tricitycatter

tricitycatter Member

State:
    Washington
    Well for starters I have 3 bags, 2 Ugly Stick promo bags & 1 Calcuta bag I got for free from the sales rep. I have 3 plastic boxes with bass & crappie jigs & worms, hooks, & bullet weights, 15 or so diferent power bait jars for trout, & some towels in one bag.
    I have all my catfish & steelhead stuff in another bag 1 large box with 1 oz & up egg sinkers, bank sinkers, & no roll pyramid sinkers, 1box with all gamakatsu J & Circle hooks, 1/0 to 5/0, 1 box with 1/4oz & up egg sinkers, & all my swivels, 1 box with Team Catfish stuff, furry thangs, dip tubes, J hooks, & 25 - 3/0 Duble Action hooks, 1 box with all my # 3 & #4 red Barbless Gamakatsu octopus hooks for steelhead, swivels, beads, bobber stops, corkies, & jigs. I also have 6 spools of different mono leader line 10# to 20 #, scale, knifes, 2 spray bottles of Dead Red, front pocket has pliers & scissors.
    The Calcuta bag has 2 -18" long boxes with all my bobbers, bells, & glow sticks, side pockets have extra spools strung with mono for a few of my reels, large glow sticks, camera, & 2 head lamps.

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Same as most but I have added one thing to my arsenal. Always carry a pair of side cutters or dikes no matter what I'm fishing for. Had to rescue an older feller at his pickup at Hillsdale last year. have only had to use them that one time but he was sure glad to see me!! LOL

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    When I first started cat fishing I carried everything I owned. Then I had a man say to me you carry to much."Keep it simple". I carry the amount of terminal tackle necessary for a couple of trips. Replenish when I get home. Also keep back up in truck and boat. When fishing from a boat I carry an extra knife up front to cut the anchor rope, in case of an emergency.I also carry extra boat plugs. I carry a lot of emergency/safety equipment. A cell phone, plastic trash bags for waterproof items, matches to start fires. I always leave information on where I'm going and the general area I'll be fishing. Not everything is about what one Carry's in his tackle bag.

7. tricitycatter

tricitycatter Member

State:
    Washington
    Here are some pics of what I got in my bags.

8. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Yep,
    Most of what I carry has been mentioned,,, plus a scale, digital camera, 3-4 knives, plus the knives I carry,,extra batteries for my headlight,,some cheap cigars, and a bunch of matches that have been wet so many times, they won't strike,,,

9. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I carry the basic terminal tackle in my cat box.I restock it as needed from out of the van,it still,s starting to weigh too much!:eek:

10. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    Besides the tackle already mentioned I have to have my thermacel mosquito repel unit aswell as additional bug spray!.....Those SOB's can turn a trip from bad to worse in a second!

But top of the list would be a six pack of tall boys incase I forget the bug stuff.... Get 5 of em in ya and you don't think twice about going "CAVEMAN" and just rub mud all over yourself!!.....just as good as any bug spray! LOL!

11. Bigben

Bigben New Member

State:
    southcentral,ky
    well finally cleaned my tackle box out lot of junk taking up space now i need to make trip to the bait shop
    any here's what i got so far
    pair of pliers and hemostats,fillet knife,Elastic string for holding my livers on the hook when i use them
    dozen or so of split shots,1 Oz bank sinker,1 Oz egg sinker and thats all the sinkers i have sure glad i bought that melting pot
    a bunch of circle hooks all sizes,pack of #1/0 hooks dip bait tubes,sum bobbers,measuring tape,assorted catfish hooks,jar of beads,flash light,small first aid kit,bottle of OFF,extra spool of line,sum steel leaders dont ask,
    thats pretty much it after cleaning my box

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  12. sharky1

sharky1 New Member

State:
    nc
    when you know what you got, you no you aint never got enough, be back soon guys tell you what i got then

13. festus

festus New Member

I carry a tackle bag that has several plastic tackle boxes (some spares) inside with 2 side pouches and 1 front pouch. According to where I'm fishing is which tackle boxes I pack up. I have lures for various species from bluegill and crappie to bass, stripers, and muskie. But I always take one or two boxes of live bait necessites such as swivels, beads, assorted hooks, floaters, and sinkers. In the side pouches, I have first aid kits, rags, tissues, more floaters, tape, etc. In the front pouch I usually have a Berkley fishing tool, you know with pliers, screwedriver, scissors, hemostats, etc. Also carry some fishing scales with ruler in there with fingernail clips and a knife. Also carry a bamboo type cutting board and a short fillet knife for cutting bait and a combination outside weather thermometer and compass for checking wind direction.

14. muddymo

muddymo Active Member Supporting Member

State:
    western iowa
    I have one box for bass,pike, and pan fish. I have a bag for catfish ,in the bag I have small boxes . one box has diferent kinds of hoooks one snikes and so on .

15. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I carry small lures for catching skipjack such as jigs and grubs, and roostertails. Then for the catfish tackle I have size 1 barrel swivels, 1 & 2 oz. bank sinkers, 4 ott kahle hooks, slip sinkers, dipbait hooks etc.

16. Joshuaace

Joshuaace Well-Known Member

State:
    Illinois
    Which one? I got about 6 of 'em. I have the "featherweight" model which only weighs about 26lbs, (if it's not full of water). On the other end of the scale I have the "I don't know what I'm fishing for today" box. It weighs in at 106#, but it's equipped with a 6 hp Briggs and Stratton.

You ever looked in a womans purse? My box makes that kind of disorganization look pure amaturish.

About the only thing I carry important like that I haven't seen mentioned yet is spare mantles and a pump repair kit for the coleman (good thing, I had one of those cheap a$$ rubber plungers go bad monday night).

17. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
  18. Joshuaace

Joshuaace Well-Known Member

State:
    Illinois
    Wow!!! you're way to organized bro' , you got ocd or something, lol jk. I'm troly in envy.

19. Madtownangler

Madtownangler New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I use a small shoulder bag now with pockets on the sides. There is one small tackle box with little lures and hooks to catch panfish for bait. I have a small tacklebox with 1/0 circle hooks, swivels, and beads in it. There is a small clear pocket with two spools of 40# power pro and scissors to cut the line. One side pocket has lead weights and the other has bells for night fishing. There is just enough room left for a tub of nightcrawlers, bag of cutbait, and my digital camera. My pliers, flashlight, and lipper stay on my belt at all times and my phone and wallet are in a ziploc bag in my pants cargo pocket. When I'm overnighting I put everything in a backpack with food and frozen drinks to thaw out. When I'm really going to fish a long time I haul everything in my golf bag....picture.

Attached Files:

20. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    You should see it after two or three days in the row on the water. Loose hooks laying everywhere, leaders, pieces of leaders, worm guts, mud!