Whats happening on Lake Monticello

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Rebelcat16, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Rebelcat16

Rebelcat16 New Member

State:
    Hickory Grove,SC
    Going tomarrow evening. Wondering if anybody having any luck on Monticello? Wheres the best place to bank fish?

2. Beaufort

Beaufort Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    They seem to be biting pretty good. are u fishing at night or in the day.

3. Allen42

Allen42 New Member

State:
    South Carolina /Lake Murray
    My brother& cousin caught 150 last Sat & Sun BUT they were fishing for "small cats" The biggest they had was less than 10 pounds with most being around 1 pound , Also my Uncle & a friend of his have been doing good as well BUT not quite as good as my brother & cousin ,again he is fishing for smaller cats .

4. Rebelcat16

Rebelcat16 New Member

State:
    Hickory Grove,SC
    I'll be going at night. What be the best bait cut bait or chicken livers? I'll probably end up taking both anyways

5. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    For eaters chicken liver will work but for bigger badder blues, cut bait will do the trick.

6. Beaufort

Beaufort Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Cut bait for big un's and docs bait & marshmellows for numbers.

7. jimbow3

jimbow3 New Member

State:
    NC
    is that the 215 landing you didn't say which one

8. jimbow3

jimbow3 New Member

State:
    NC
    Thanks I'll have to give that one a try

9. whichrod

whichrod New Member

State:
    columbia sc
    heck ill tell you the exact spot to fish off the bank go to the 215 landing look across to your leftyou will see a fishing pier when you get there look futher down you will see a picnic shelter sitting on a point fish on the right side of the point you will see stumps sticking out the water if its low about 200 feet out , you throw your bait inbetween the stumps and the bank its a natural channel there are some really big catfish cought there , ive tried it many times there when i dont feel like taking the boat out, many many 20+ pound fish have been landed there use one surf rod with huge bait then another small rod with marshmellows or cut bream you will get fish there
    haaa as for other spots ha ha find them yourself i aint tellling ha ha but that one tip will get ya started

10. jimbow3

jimbow3 New Member

State:
    NC
    Thanks have a few spots of my own but always good to have a few more