Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well what's happened? Has everyone stopped fishing and started knitting? Someone post something, I need inspiration to get me excited and wanting to go catch a big one.:hypnotized:

·
Registered
108 Posts
I cannot catch a break to get my line wet to save my life...:=:)

:freaked-out:2 jobs now and going to college full time.:freaked-out:

I got off a couple days next week... hopefully the boat upholstery business will be slow enough to let me go fishing... oh and hope I am caught up with all my college work.

:sun: Now, lets just pray for good fishing weather. :sun:

otherwise I might have to :knife: a :chicken:.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just about ready to hit the water here. My wife has had me doing work, that should have been finished some time ago, but I am getting close to the end of it and then it will be on. I did get to spool on some new line the other night, and that did not do much to help my need to fish though.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
I'm gonna be on the Cumberland all weekend. I have a friend coming to fish with me all weekend, Big Cat Garry Eads for those of you that know him. Gonna do some jugging and some rod and reel fishing. Sure hope they're biting. We'll probably be up around Lock B most of the time, so if you see a 24 foot pontoon with homemade rod holders across the back, stop by and say hi. If you happen to go by us at night, you'll know it's us because we'll have up to 40 of the Wild Wolf Tattle Tail jugs out there with an 8 inch glowstick in each one. Has anyone been up to the dam since the flood? I wonder how the flood has effected the skipjacks.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Whistler... the skips are not running at the dam right now. I've tried to get my hands on some for the last 2 days. The shad is plentiful though.

They are biting for sure, I've caught more fish in the last 2 days then I have all year. Even though it's mainly been drum 10-20lbers, one blue cat. Seen some folks carrying out some stripers as well, nothing too impressive in size, but 8-10lbers.

I was using whole shad today, not the fillets and the drum was knocking that stuff out.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I have also had a hard time locating skips this year..By this time I would have enough to keep me fishing the whole year, but have only managed 8 skips in the 5-6 times Ive been hunting for them..Also for all the people that get upset about out of staters coming in here and taking our catfish across state lines to pay ponds and such, there doesn't seem to be much disappointment over them coming in and taking all the skips..I'm not saying thats the problem but I have never had this much trouble catching skips in my 5 years of fishing for them.. Anyways, I got a trip planned for Saturday, somewhere I've never fished but heard that it is a great lake for all fishing..I'll be hitting Lake Marrowbone in Joelton early Sat. morning...I read about Marrowbone in Tennessee wildlife mag and have heard nothing but good things about it..Its quite a haul for me, bout 1 1/2 hr away but hopefully it'll be worth it..So far this year I have been "snake-bit" and I hope to break it this weekend..Wish me luck...

·
Registered
599 Posts
I have not gotten to go since the gathering due to work and weather. I may try this weekend though and will post if I do.

Bryan good luck to Gary and tell him I said hello, and that he was missed at the gathering.

·
Registered
7,655 Posts
I'm having a hard time finding even shad minnows this year. Skipjack have been scarce here. I haven't seen one since April of 2009.Really I don't think it's overharvesting up this way, I think it may have somethig to do with the Kingston ash spill plus TVA didn't start generating at Bull Run until so late.

Have fun at Marrowbone. I had a friend who was stationed at Ft. Campbell who had a free military pass to that lake. He used to fry up some catfish and grill trout out of that lake. Wedon't have any TWRA managed lakes up my way.

I have also had a hard time locating skips this year..By this time I would have enough to keep me fishing the whole year, but have only managed 8 skips in the 5-6 times Ive been hunting for them..Also for all the people that get upset about out of staters coming in here and taking our catfish across state lines to pay ponds and such, there doesn't seem to be much disappointment over them coming in and taking all the skips..I'm not saying thats the problem but I have never had this much trouble catching skips in my 5 years of fishing for them.. Anyways, I got a trip planned for Saturday, somewhere I've never fished but heard that it is a great lake for all fishing..I'll be hitting Lake Marrowbone in Joelton early Sat. morning...I read about Marrowbone in Tennessee wildlife mag and have heard nothing but good things about it..Its quite a haul for me, bout 1 1/2 hr away but hopefully it'll be worth it..So far this year I have been "snake-bit" and I hope to break it this weekend..Wish me luck...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.