WHATS GOING ON

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by kingcat12, Aug 22, 2009.

1. kingcat12

kingcat12 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    HEY GUYS IM NEW TO THE BOC. I HAVE A LAKE ACROSS FROM MY HOUSE AND I GO THERE ABOUT EVERY DAY EVERY BODY AROUND ME CATCHES CHANNELS BUT ME IVE TRIED TRYED STINK BAIT, CUT BLUGILL, DOUGHBALLS, HOTDOGS, AND NIGHTCRAWLERS. I GET NOTHING PEOPLE ARE THERE EVERY DAY FISHING IS GETTING OVER FISHED OR I AM I JUST NOT BEING PATIENT. HELP ME OUT GUYS. OH YEAH AND ANOTHER THING IS HOW DO YOU GET IN A CHAT ROOM DO YOU HAVE TO HAVE FRIENDS THAT ARE ON HERE OR DO YOU SEND A FRIEND REQUEST TO PEOPLE ON HERE?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2009
  2. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Click the chat room link, then Enter chat room. :wink: Try a skipjack chunk.. Maybe that will help ya.

3. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Try fishing with a slip bobber rig..During the summer time in lakes the fish will suspend and will not always be on the bottom..Try chicken livers and cut bait such as bream,skipjack or shad..Minnows and shiners work great too..

4. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Nick welcome to the B.O.C. ,as far as the fish what are the others using to catch their fish ,try that an also try some other baits . To get into chat just click on link at top of home page. I think you need JAVA on the computer to get in, if so it will tell you, an you can download it then:wink:

5. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Welcome nick what part of kentucky ya from bro?break out the chicken liver always a killer bait for channels.

6. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Nick welcome to the B.O.C. If people around you are catching fish, then there are still fish there. I would just ask them what they are doing different. Its kinda like asking directions. try suspending your baits off the bottom. Or look at your set up.

7. mactheaxe

mactheaxe New Member

State:
    cartersville, georgia
    getyou some livers, seaso with garlic salt, and youll catch some good eatin keepers.

8. 7mmmag1

7mmmag1 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'd see what type of bait the guys who are catching fish are using. Most people will be more than happy to help you with how deep to fish, where the fish are etc

9. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member

State:
    Tallahassee, Fl
    Find out what there fishing with channels can be pickey welcome to the BOC:wink:

10. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Nick, Welcome to the BOC, I would check your set up.

11. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    couple things that have always helped me KEEP YOUR LINE TIGHT sorry for bold type but i fished for years and didnt do so well until i started keeping it tight, Do you even get bites? if you do and you cant catch em try an octopus circle hook. If your not keeping your line tight then your probably getting bites and you dont even know it. Look around the gear section of the forum and bait section and try different things. You might want to visit a local stream with some trout worms and a lite action pole and see what kind of baitfish you can catch and use those live or as cutbait

good luck

12. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Slip bobbers + chicken livers is very effective for channels.

13. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    welcome to the boc. go to your local seafood store or if walmart's seafood department and get some blue fish, its real oily and has a strong scent, this works very well for channel cats for me:wink: