What's going on with the Cardinals?

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by ravenloft420, Apr 4, 2007.

1. ravenloft420

ravenloft420 New Member

State:
    mo
    oh man!!! ummm??? whats this 9-0 buisness??? hahaha you can tell rich gould is depressed lol poor guy, Im not far behind him

2. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    seems like st louis is always a feast or famine club .
    we will lose our butts and then kickBA$$ and take names next week.
    its early and its a new group of guys meshing together .
    mets look pretty good though.....too bad huh?

3. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    as long as tony larussa is the manager i hope they never win a game. he donates time and money to animal rights groups and is against hunting and fishing. a good reason to be a cardinal hater.

4. ravenloft420

ravenloft420 New Member

State:
    mo
    well tuffish I wouldnt go that far as to hate the home team over the managers personal problems lol. but ya the mets do look good. but 9-0? haha thats almost as bad as my fishing!!!

5. MississippiJugHead

MississippiJugHead New Member

State:
    Missouri
    For the past few years the Cardinals have taken advantage of the weak teams in the National League and the NL Central Division specifically. When they played the better teams they tended to get beat. That's pretty much what has happened vs the Mets this year. Only time will tell if they can continue to beat the weaker teams or if they might become one themselves. I hate to sound so negative as I am a born and bred Cardinal fan but after last year it seems greedy to expect too much.

As for LaRussa some clever fellow has printed up shirts with his name and number but instead of his normal number (10) they have .093 (his blood alcohol content on the night of his DUI. Only in America!

6. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Cardinals suck this year deal with it.

Go cubs HeHeHeHeHe

7. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    10 to 0.................

8. rudepossum

State:
    Missouri
    They are so worried about the games they have to play on April 20,21,22 and on July 24,25,26 and on August 17,18,19,and 20th that they can not think straight. Hope to see you in the stands.:cool2:

9. rudepossum

State:
    Missouri
    I am missing a hat that was thrown out of the boat on the neosho river by my 8 year old son ( Big cards fan). If you find it please contact me asap. This hat is dearly missed. It will say Chicago Cubs in blue letters on it. Thank you for your concern. It is the hat in my avatar.

10. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Well we can't win them all. It tough to say they can't beat good teams considering we were THE BEST team last season. :lol:

Maybe the cardinals feel bad for the other teams in there division and want to give somebody else a chance to see what the playoffs are like. :big_smile:

As for you Cubby fans.....sorry but what has your team got to show for the talent that they have had over the years??? NOTHING!!!

Enjoy the rest of the ball season fellas. I'll be at a Cardinals game or two win or lose rain or shine. :roll_eyes:

11. rudepossum

State:
    Missouri
    Quote;As for you Cubby fans.....sorry but what has your team got to show for the talent that they have had over the years??? NOTHING!!!

Will not argue that point, but in my opinion cubs cards is a world class rivalry and i try to make it to every game the have against each other. Of course my wife and kids wear cards red and I wear cubs blue.

12. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    quote of rudeopossum
    I am missing a hat that was thrown out of the boat on the neosho river by my 8 year old son ( Big cards fan). If you find it please contact me asap. This hat is dearly missed. It will say Chicago Cubs in blue letters on it. Thank you for your concern. It is the hat in my avatar

man i swear i thought i saw a possum at the waters edge wipeing his self with a hat that looked what you are describeing:tounge_out:

13. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    sorry to disappoint cards fans, my REDS are taking the division this year.

14. rudepossum

State:
    Missouri
    DRC; Now you see why i hate them opossum's. I feel like Rodney Dangerfield. No respect :lol:

15. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    well houston must be weak LMAO
    4-2 final we are officially on a roll:big_smile:
    GO REDBIRDS
    '

1-3 for the season

16. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Give them some time out on the road, away from the hometown national championship hype, and they will start to jell again. They need to learn to play the game together again as a team, and break in the new Cards we picked up during the off season. We go through this every year, too soon to worry. Keep the faith bro.

17. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I don't think I'd worry to much about the Red Birds,they'll most likely be there at the end (long as everyone stay health).I'm bettin that them and the Astro's :roll_eyes: will be there at the end like always.But not those little brown bears (CUBS).Isn't rivalery fun.

" Go Cardinals!!"

18. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    looks like albert broke out of the slump 2 fat homers today
    10-2 over the brewers:cool2:
    GO CARDINALS

19. bobbabouy

bobbabouy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I don't worry about the Cardinals doing well. Since the rest of the division is so weak they have a 90% chance of repeating as NL Central champs. And like we saw last year, once a team makes the playoffs, it all comes down to who gets hot at the right time.

rudepossum, I was really beginning to think you were a nice fella, and then you go and start wearin blue Cubs gear. Didn't they have anything at the thrift store beside Cubbies gear?:tounge_out:

Thats alright, I guess even the Cubs need some love. As long as it isn't in my house that is.:lol: