Whats going on out there

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by tallmanrus, Oct 10, 2009.

1. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Hey i havent been able to get out so somebody please give me a report ,

2. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Tall I went to LD #5 Thursday night fished from 7pm til 2:00am got skunked not even a bite water was just right when I got there thought for sure the fish would bite before the front came in but shortly after casting out the horns went off and the water came up.
    Puppypal and i were thinking of going to Turlock park and risenstar for the day maybe be able to get to those holes and catch a few????:eek:oooh:

3. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Got nothing to report. Have not been out fishing much at all!

4. Sound

Sound New Member

State:
    Arkadelphi
    Plenty of water is about it

5. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    Up until the flooding rains, the Arkansas river was at it usual......giving up Blues in big numbers........at least in the Clarksville area.
    I have fished that stretch of river since summer about once or more every two weeks. I haven't had any problems finding biting blues. Drifting had been the ticket up until last trip. I didn't do any good drifting this past weekend (Oct 3rd) but wore them out setting up on channel drops, and on the flats in about 8 feet of water. While Big Sam was tearing them up on Kerr in shallow water, I was doing the same in shallow water of the river.
    If you could find some stump fields or some big flats off the main channel, you would find fish. In the stumps, it seemed the fish were actually a ways down stream from the stumps and not really up in them. When we set up above the stumps, we didn't get many fish, but found them really biting back behind the wood. Moving around really helped that day.
    Like I said, I also caught several fish setting up on the channel drops. My honey hole down around Knoxville produced fish all Saturday afternoon.
    Again, all of this was BEFORE the floods came. We had around 40,000cfs back then, so everything was about perfect.
    Shad was the ticket and the fish were ONLY up to 8 pounds, but we caught lots and ended up with 3 gallon zip loc bags of smaller fish fillets.......well, maybe just 2 gallons went back up the hill to Fayetteville, as we fried one big mess that night at camp.
    All fish were caught on 8/0 Team Catfish hooks and 80# Tug-a-War Braid.
    I am giving the river a while to settle down and will hit Grand lake this coming weekend.
    Good luck to all of you BOC'ers. Keep that shad wet and you'll catch the blues....

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  6. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Dont have anything to report yet, but am planning to go to Dardanelle and drift from the dam in a week or two, when the flow is good.

7. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Ok I was prepared I swear I was....... Was Dressed in Jeans and a t-shirt underneath a thermal shirt and then ya add a hoodie! OK had that top part covered. Got to Turlocks Island and thought to self! Man.... Doesn't seem like that temp is coming up like the weather man said is was going to so slipped on a pair of warm up britches over my jeans for warmth!:sad2:
    LOL ROFL LOL
    Well Robert Let me tell ya the sun NEVER showed it's face and the wind was blowing big time. One way.... then ya turn to block it and durn if it wasn't going change just to get your ears cooling! :smile2:
    We fished and had PLENTY of dink Bites and even caught a few let them go to grow. Now by this time My hands were beet red but gettn a few bites and ya know me when they bite i tend to stay. Ears were red also by this point! LOL
    Got me one Blue well to be honest this is my first ever blue! Always managed channels and all never blues. Nothing really that you all would say was a good um but he was a little fat thing. Swear he shouldn't of been hungry cause his belly was fixn' to burst! LOL But it was fun all the same. It was around 5:30pm & Ray and i decided that Mr. Sun wasn't coming fishing with us today and packed up and left. Heard later on the news that yesterday was a record cold one. Well, Let me tell ya I really didn't need to hear the news to know it was 54 degrees my ears and hands still are red! Being on the arkansas river I doubt it even got up that high.....Felt more like 32 degrees
    But Still got my fishing in!

RAYSPLAY ENDORSES THIS MESSAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:big_smile:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  8. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Not much to report, I have not been out since the rains, I look the river over when I cross it going into fortsmith, it looks good to me, but that means nothin in a way of biting fish :smile2: Been thinking after this next round of rain to hit the local lake where the feeder creeks come in, Should be somethin feeding there, probably drown some worms on that deal. Might use some shad Just have to see. I really dont care what I catch as long as it bends the pole.:big_smile:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  9. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Well they gotta be getting close to 10000cfs:eek:oooh::tounge_out::confused2: More rain Robert more rain:eek:oooh: Johnny can't get out for having to pull double shifts at work.......My boat is on re-call for welding updates:eek:oooh: so i been out of the game for a week now:angry: I did manage a few skips before this last flood came..i figure it's over for skip fishing this year...Water is too high & dirty..It will take too long to go down:wink: Baitboat has a family member sick so he is down also....Maybe i will get my boat back this week...Hope so...Get better Robert our luck will change sooner or later:cool2:

10. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    Sam, just checked.........it was 161,000cfs at Ozark. I guess if a person wanted to, they could put in and be at Russellville in 10 minutes.
    I think you'd need at least a 40oz sinker to drift current like this.:confused2:

11. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Thanks guyes , ill be getting the staples out of my back tomorrow and hopefully in another week ill be ready to go . But dang the rain , pouring here again today. I wont have to go to the river it may come to me , thats alot of water so if yall do get on the river please be carefull.

12. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Tall, the saline might get to ya before the Arkansas does! But, don't you try to make a float trip out of it and get to the Arkansas that way. You will be back on it before ya know it!

13. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Tall, you take it easy for a bit, do your excercises strengthen that back before you go tacklin the river. Trust me on this. I've had: 2 lower back surgeries an the way the nerve is actin in my leg , an the increase of pain the 3rd aint to far off. Surgeoun told me last time i would be back, so its just a fact of life for me. AS for the river she's a rollin on, still muddy and will be for awhile i guess. Cooler weather comin so I might try the local lake to see if thier blues misteriously appear :smile2: but really bud, watch it. Mac

14. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Naw i dont plan on getting in no hurry , i dont want to have to go through this again. But dang the sitting and not doing anything just driveing me crazy :smile2: