What's for supper?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Catgirl, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Come on everybody, join in and make your fellow BOC members' mouths water. Tell us what you're cookin' for supper tonight.

At my house the meal this evening is Cajun fifteen bean soup.....with hot sausage, tomatoes, garlic and onions. Those onion chunks are sweating it out right now (in a smidge of sausage grease :big_smile:) and man does this house smell GOOD!!! Along with that I'll be making a big skillet of crusty cornbread. Don't forget to heat the grease/skillet up first, that batter needs to SIZZLE when you pour it in :smile2:. (Try givin' my dad a piece of cornbread without a crispy crust - gotta do it grandma's way :lol:.)

Soooo......who's next?

2. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    dunno yet, been on the computer all day.:tounge_out: whatever we are having, hope it is as good as catfish.

3. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Ok Tanya it worked, our mouths are a waterin, and we will all be over to your place tonight for supper.

4. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    You are cookin' that cornbread in cast iron, aren't you?:wink:

Meatless lasagne here, recipe courtesy of Giada.:smile2:

5. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    OK Catgirl, My mouth is watering, are you having fried taters with that? Later all, I'm headed for the kitchen.

Andy

6. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Well the kids got sketty Os and it was fend for yourself night for the wife and I:embarassed: . Hot pockets and ice cream for me. The wifes got a cold so soup for her:0a30:

7. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Well, Tanya...you seem to have struck my interest with this food talk....(I'm kinda a big fan:roll_eyes:). So, of course I had to put in my two cents of how to save a dollar and cook my own meal...:cool2:

Reheat the burritoes I cooked the night before...ha.

Sorry for the short explanation, but I think I got the point across...And I hope I made your mouth water and stomache grumble as much as your thread made mine...:big_smile:

-Red

8. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    ham, sweet potatoes, and lima beans:big_smile: :tounge_out:

9. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Dave, you had me irritated for a second there. I almost took offense, until I saw the winky face at the end :big_smile:. Of course, yes siree sir! Catgirl's cornbread only graces cast iron :wink:. In fact, it's the SAME cast iron skillet that Grandma used to use :smile2:.

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey Tanya this sounds awfully familiar for some reason but we had green chile cheesburgers tonite cooked up on the george forman [i gotta eat healty] good stuff

11. catfishcrazyjr

catfishcrazyjr New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    the wife made her cheese meat balls and spaghetti man you bite into one of those thing and it has melted cheese inside !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!s

12. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Now that you've invited us for supper, I'll tell you what Jan did. Chichen breast,covered with cream of chicken soup, a cup of cooking wine and baked. melted swiss on top. Served on a bed of brown rice. All the good vegies on the side. But I sure was thinkin about your cornbread.
    Now you know why I weigh 260#.

13. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I dont know yet. Air Force chowhalls usually have something good (compared to what we eat at Marine chowhalls)...I'll let you guys know what they serve tonight.

14. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Tanya,
    Hey, that does sound yummy good!

But we usually never eat later than about 2 or 3 in the afternoon, that meal is our.... lunch/dinner/supper all in one. Today we had jumbo shrimp at Red Lobster.

15. Pontoon

Pontoon New Member

State:
    California
    Tanya, that sounds way too good! I'd have liked to have had some of your cornbread with my catfish chunk chili I had tonight.

16. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Catgirl - That sounds totally awesome! I'm hungry just thinkin' about how good that must smell!:smile2: Since I worked 4x12 shift today my supper was left over from Sundays family dinner! Stuffed steak, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls & corn. I was the king of the lunchroom!:cool2:

17. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Last night it was venison four cheese lasagna. Tonight it was venison roast with gravy, baked taters, and mixed veggies. So good....make ya want to slap your mama! LOL

18. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    last night was Vanessa's homemade stew.

Tonight, cowboy pot pie.

19. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I fixed round steak with carrots and onions spiced with TSS Basic Beef. I do alot of the cookin as I'm retired and the wife works. If I'm fishin shes on her own!!

20. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Listen Tanya....

For the last danged 92 danged days I have had the chance to cheat once in a while, but the general danged staple food for me has been some sort of danged chicken broth based soup for lunch, and after that danged liquid lunch, no more than 100 danged calories and a glass of wine till bed.

I ate a cracker last night. A freaking cracker. One danged saltine.

In seven days Im going to be done with this danged competition and Ill probably eat 4 pounds of bacon with cheesy lard sauce and a side of nachos.... Ill get back to ya. :big_smile: :tounge_out:

Actually, my wife and I are both on this diet... cause it was easier to convince her to join me than it would have been for me to stare at her while she ate dinner alone. We both agreed that the day this diet is over, we are both going to Burger King for lunch and buying bacon and cheese double whopper meals with big cokes and super size fries, and we're going to sit in lawn chairs outside that big picture window at the gym that I had a membership to and slowly eat them and stare at the skinny tramps on the tradmills facing the window. ROTFL

Cool thread Tanya! I miss food!

ROTFL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.