What's for Supper? - Part 3

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by Catgirl, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Evenin' everybody! Welcome to the ongoing saga of "What's for Supper?"

As you can see, we are now located in the BOC Diner.

Two years ago today I was cooking my own supper, and wondered what everyone else might be creating. I love to cook and read about other folks' concoctions.

Little did I know that after such a period of time this thread would still be going strong. Thanks to all of you who have participated; it's been great! :cool2:

The Diner can be a happenin' place, so please continue to post away!

Here is my original post that started it all....and guess what? I'm fryin' up a few apples on the side, but THIS is what's for supper here this evenin'. :wink:

"Come on everybody, join in and make your fellow BOC members' mouths water. Tell us what you're cookin' for supper tonight.

At my house the meal this evening is Cajun 15 bean soup.....with hot sausage, tomatoes, garlic and onions. Those onion chunks are sweating it out right now (in a smidge of sausage grease) and man does this house smell GOOD!!! Along with that I'll be baking a big skillet of crusty cornbread. Don't forget to heat the grease/skillet up first, that batter needs to SIZZLE when you pour it in :big_smile:. (Try givin' my dad a piece of cornbread without a crispy crust - gotta do it grandma's way. :smile2:)

Sooooo.......who's next?"

2. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    deerburger gravy,boiled taters and peas. :big_smile::cool2:

3. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Tonight I prepared some delicious fried chicken legs with yukon gold mashed potatoes w/ green peas. There was cornbread leftovers too from a previous supper. Topped off with a big cold glass of ice tea. Yum Yum!:smile2:

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Kraut n weenies, along with some greasey fried taters. My house smells good now but thats all fixin to change i spect.:smile2:

5. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Same as last night, had leftover steak, baked potato and brussels. Also just happened to have another lobster in solitary confinement all night. He tried to appeal his sentence at the last minute but the judge(me) denied it. So much for my peta Christmas card this year......:wink::smile2:

6. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Baby Back Ribs on the grill tonight.

7. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Kraut n weenies, hidden taters...wasn't that a movie???? :smile2:

8. jugfisher

jugfisher Member

State:
    kentucky
    Name:
    Clint Howard
    striper filets and french fries

9. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    deer steak and baked taters, corn, homemade wheat bread

10. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Lobsta:crazy::crazy::crazy: Mercy Mrs Percy, i do like some of them over grown crawdaddys. Fine vittles

11. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    How about a nice big tuna salad sammich:wink:

12. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Deer loin and vegies tonight. Better than the hamburger helper last nighgt.

13. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Last night I introduced some catfish nuggets to some hot oil,french fries and baked beans. Of course I had to give those fish something to swim around in so I had to have a couple ice cold bottles of Miller Lite!:wink:

14. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Gonna make some chiken quesadillas, chili rellenos with hot salsa ranchero, refried beans with cheese and some mexican rice.

15. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    HOTDOGS AND BEANS :big_smile::cool2:

16. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Don't TELL me that JC! :smile2:

It's Hamburger Helper Cheesy Enchilada here tonight, 'cept I'm making it with ground turkey......some corn, or maybe tortilla chips, on the side.

Glenn, you made that beer sound pretty good; might have to run up to the store.

17. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I made a big ole pot of chicken and dumplins tonight. Sure was good:wink:

18. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Roasting a chicken tonight. Rotel is the veggie of choice.

19. rythymroach

rythymroach New Member

State:
    United States
    tonight we took 2 sirloin steaks threw it on the george foreman until med rare. sauteed mushrooms in country crock, made brown gravy and threw the shrooms in it. then made some instant potatoes.

we chopped up the steaks, then laid the pieces on a nice mound of mashed taters and covered it liberally with the mushrooms and brown gravy. I had something similiar at Chili's once and have been doing that ever since.

was yummy for sure!!!

20. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Hola amigos...here's the final product, turned out pretty good. Stuffed the chiles with pepperjack cheese. Ended up using salsa casera instead of ranchera to finish it. Had a can of both couldn't decide. The refried beans are those spicy chipolte beans, really good..got a little kick to em. I made acouple chicken quesodilla too but they didn't make it to the picture, I ate them while I was grilling the peppers earlier...:wink: