What's for Super Bowl Sunday Supper?

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by spoonfish, Jan 24, 2009.

1. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Gotta have me some Hot Wings....... :002:

2. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    Im thinkin some natchos and a lot of beer!

3. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Haven't decided yet, probably some chili and cornbread. Maybe some rotel and chips to snack on.

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    We always have a wild game dinner in a buddy of mines shop.Also usually have several kinds of mountain oysters and such.

5. shotdemducks

shotdemducks New Member

State:
    kansas
    Fire up the smoker, and have quail and pheasant. Cold COORS!!!

6. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Probably hot wings for me.

7. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

:smile2: Troy.....they've been saying on the news that there's a shortage of hot wings. I think they mean the frozen preprepared kind that are served in bars though. You and Ozzy will make your own. :cool2:

I don't know what I'm gonna fix yet, but I'll be thinking about it now. :wink:

8. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Shortage of Hot Wings??? :crazy:

I think me and Ozzy better go watch the game at Hooters......:eek:oooh::wink::eek:oooh:

9. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I didnt say I was cooking. LOL

10. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    Looks like battered and fried catfish, peeled and chopped taters, fried,a liitle corn off the cob and got some fresh cooked deer steak, then take in some strawberries and whipped cream mmm, mmmm good

11. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Well Troy, I'm finally back with a report.

Went to the store earlier this afternoon, and when I pulled into the parking lot I thought, "GOOD GRIEF! What's goin' on, they aren't callin' for bad weather YET!"

Then I realized, oh yeah! Superbowl tomorrow.

Went in and checked out what was on sale, and thought about what's already here at home that I could add to. Not gonna make anything really fancy, but here's the menu.

shrimp & scallop stuffed mushrooms
    crockpot l'il smokies in jelly & mustard sauce
    tortilla chips with spinach/artichoke dip and salsa
    zesty dill pickle spears
    deviled eggs
    cocktail peanuts

I would've liked some fresh veggies for a raw vegetable tray, but the produce stand was already closed. I refuse to pay the $$$ they want at the grocery store.

12. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I think i've decided....

Think I'll also make some nachos for snacking(stole your idea Oz) and then a big hot sub sandwich for the main meal. I'll go tomorrow and get a big loaf of fresh baked italian bread, cut it in half length wise, fill it with pastrami, corn beef, swiss, tomatoes, mayo and mustard. Then bake it in the oven until the bread gets toasted, and cheese and meat get warm and melted.

13. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Ahhhhh super bowl's of the past lol ..There was 4 of us had the tv in the backyard the BBQ was going and so was the feast ...4 ribeye steak's pheasent dove quail and duck with home made bean''s fresh corn on the cob sour dough bread toasted and a keg of beer :eek:oooh: Yes 4 guy's can drink a keg and not even remeber the BIG GAME DAY lmao The present day meal two slab's of baby back rib's some chicken home made bean's and veggie's all cooked on the smoker , some sour dough bread and NOW just a few beer's with faimly lol :smile2: But the good time's are still here .

14. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Man, Im gonna come eat at you alls houses. :tounge_out:

Doing a bunch of buffalo wings up today. Meat and cheese and veggie trays. Lil smokies in the crock pot, chips, dip. Baked water chestnuts (wrapped in bacon with brown sugar), cajun wrapped oysters (wrapped in bacon with tabasco) Who knows what else. Gotta have a few ice cold ones to sip on too.

:002:

Happy super bowl sunday everyone. Enjoy!

15. Harleycat

Harleycat Member

State:
    INDIANA
    wings,meatballs,little sausages,dip,hot dogs,chips cant wait :smile2:

16. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Wile pig, live caught, fed out on grain, and cooked in the ground.

I can believe that about a shortage of ready-to-cook hot wings. At the discount store they jumped from $10 for a 5# bag up to $12.50.

17. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    This afternoon will be rib eye steaks, hot wings, baked taters and vedgie tray with ranch dressing. oh..... and some New castles(dark):wink: