Whats Fall for you??

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by puddle jumper, Aug 3, 2009.

What do you do in the Fall

1. Go Fish,,Its big fish season

2. No fishing, there are Big Deer to Kill

3. I go both ways,, fish and hunt

4. Its cold out there, Im on the couch watching football

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    OK,
    Not sure where to put this so im making another one in the deer hunting section,,, :roll_eyes:

What is the fall season mean to you,,,:confused2:
    Is it Big Fish time or put the boat away and Hunt..:cool2:

Just curious how empty the water will be for me...:wink:
    Thanks for playing...
    Puddle

2. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    I hunt early of morning and late in the evening, fish during the middle of the day. The big blues move into the mud flats here during the day.

3. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I mainly hunt until jan. But i do get my fair share of fishing in. Especially when i am having a good year and the freezer is getting full. If i shoot a deer early in morning i will go fishing in the afternoon and night time.

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    If you don't fish in the fall and winter. You haven't lived. :wink: And here is why. LOL!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  5. CatHunterSteve

CatHunterSteve New Member

State:
    Snowville, Va
    Gotta be fishing for me, looking for the big one! Thanks for the post and the survey, live in a big hunting in the fall area so maybe that will leave the good fishing holes open for me!

6. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    ....ok i'm a wuss.....you all can have fall/winter fishing, that's why i got a freezer. I'll stay in and play with the ol' lady.

7. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    try to fish all year dont hunt as much due to back problems

8. fishinfreak19D

fishinfreak19D New Member

State:
    Pittston, PA
    my scedule is hunt morning, fish afternoon, hunt evening, sleep night. repeat

9. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    Since i havent hunted for like 8 years it is fishing..I fish al year round and watch tv and drink ho stuff in between and make money plowing snow and shovling and stuff!!!

10. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I only fish and I don't hunt. You know I would hunt if I had any time or money left after my other hobbies.

11. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Fall and winter are my absolute favorites. Bugs, jet skis, pleasure boaters, and water skiers are gone. Kids are back in school, people aren't swimming, and most fishermen either stop or they are hunting instead.

Since I bank fish I don't have to worry about people around me and the dog, the cool weather and the smell of fresh coffee on the fire is unbeatable.

I do nothing but fish and the colder months are my best times for monster blues....so that's what I'm doin...fishin ; )

-Jim-

12. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN New Member

State:
    sc
    Definately Big Cat season where I will be fishing.Might get in some huntin in between.But fishin takes precedence.:smile2:

13. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Well, when it's fall time my hunting brain takes control of me and it's time to put the poles down and the bow in hand. Deer season!! I'm a advid bow hunter and love it just the same as fishing. Have to give the edge to fishing though. I would still like to try some fall and winter fishing to go for the big Blues someday!!

14. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    :confused2::confused2::confused2: gave up hunting to go after big ole flatties in the fall but still get deer steaks every yr and deer jerk :cool2::cool2::cool2:

15. RPnKC

RPnKC New Member

State:
    Kansas
    No deer, but bobwhites wasn't one of the choices.
    If I didn't have two Pointers, well I'd buy another pair and still hunt bobwhites Nov-Jan.

16. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    I usually put a doe or two in the freezer and then I'm back to fishing. Our farm is over populated with deer, so its a little easier for me to do both.

17. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    just depends on my mood for me.....if i feel death in the air i get my bow, rifle, shotgun out and kill something....if i feel like fighting a big hawg ill do some fishing....only time fishing takes a back burner for me is during spring turkey season until i kill a big gobbler then im back to the water....

18. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Our big fish season doesnt get off really good until mid October to mid November. So before that I will dove hunt one afternoon, and fish the next. I dove hunt in the back pasture so it is easy for me to get out and hunt for an hour or two. The lake is only about 6 miles away so that is easy also.

19. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I,ve gotten to the point where there,s two seasons in my life,catfish season,then steelhead season.My hunting days were over with my back problems 10 years ago.I,ll be on the rivers cattin from april through november most years,then 4 months for the steelhead and full circle again.:wink:

20. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Time for nonstop cattin':big_smile: