Whats everyones goals for 2010?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by smoothkip25, Jan 11, 2010.

1. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Just wanted to hear what you all had in mind for goals this year fishing. Mine would be!
    1. Catch numerous fish in the 40# range.
    2. Break the 50# Flathead mark.
    3. Catch a Bluecat over 50#s on my upcoming James river trip.
    4. Break my 18# ChannelCat mark. (something over 20)
    5. Fish with a few of my BOC brothers that I havent got to fish with yet.

2. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    A blue and flat head over 50#, a channel over 15#, striper over 35# and a spoonbill over 70#. That,s the fish I want to catch.

I hope to get to fish with a lot of the members here in Okla. this year.

3. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    dido, except i want to catch a musky over 40in and a few trout over 20 inches.

4. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    i'd like to catch a flat over 20 lbs, blue over 30 and a channel over 10.
    And if I could get a REAL job again. BUY A BOAT

5. hawgmaster

hawgmaster New Member

State:
    SE columbu
    i just want to catchfish! lol sorry for the bad punn there. i tried lmao. but ya i would like to break the 30 pound mark on a flat im even at 30. dont have a PB on a blue since i haven caught one yet so any size blue would be fine with me, as for the channels i would like to get one over the 12 pound mark (its the only confirmed weight...had one that could have easily been 20+ but could weigh it...damn bat went dead on me )
    but most of all just get out and enjoy myself for the year making some new friends on the water and tellin stories relaxing with a few beers.

6. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    I never really set any goals, that way I won't be dissapointed lol

I just really don't care as long as I can get out on the water and catch a few fish.

I like catching big fish, but don't mind if I don't. Most of the time just getting out is good enough for me.

I will say that I would like to get a channel over my best of 12 this year. Somehow I find it more entertaining to get ahold of a good sized channel than a flat. I do spend a lot of nights fishing for flats though.

7. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    I want myself or a close friend to break the Iowa state record flathead......We seem to be getting closer and closer every year so thats my ultimate goal that I see as very real! It will happen and it will be a bridge bro!

8. carolinakid76

carolinakid76 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I would like to catch a 40+ plus flattie...:victory:

9. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    1.Get an early start on the season this year.
    2. Get a longer season in this year. Fishing all but stopped for me in June last year.
    3. Beat my 12 pound 29 1/2 inch Channel Catfish From the Muskingum.
    4. Break my 32 pound 39 1/2 inch Flathead from the Muskingum. I know there's 40's and 50's in there. And I believe there may be a few 60 or 70's in there somewhere.
    5. Fish with as many members as I can.
    6. Fish and win a few tourneys. Placed 3rd in the money during a NEOCATS Tourney last year with fellow member and friend Jason454ci.
    7. Best for last; Get Gary Ryan to catch all my bait for me this year...

10. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Im there for ya

11. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My gaol is to find every ones secret honey hole, I plan on stalking the river, and lake banks afoot, and in my stealth Jon boat.:sinister:
    I would like to get over one hundred and fifty pounds in three flats on one trip, a thirty pound channel, and a eighty,no better make that a hundred pound blue. :victory:

12. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I want to catch an 80-lb flathead, which would be a state record.

Or at least a dozen over 50-lbs....Yea right!

13. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Mine are simply to enjoy my time on the water. I used to set my goals at a weight, or number of fish per outting. But when you only make it out a dozen nights a season, I just enjoy being out on the water with friends. Personal goals would be for 2010 if I had to choose though, to get the chance to fish a tournament or two this year again. I really miss fishing them. And my 3 yr. old daughter to land her first flathead! rollo

14. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Slaying Skip and Rollo is my top priority!

15. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    Well mine is to set a new personal best flat an a 10# channel An catch a blue cat big or small on my trip to the james in march.An to fish with some boc members .also like the kids to catch there frist flatheads .an my wife to teach me how to post pictures an stop giving me heck when im out doing what i love to do.CATFISHING

16. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Buy a boat. Put fish in the boat. Repeat step #2 numerous times.

17. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Just to make it through until 2011 ..... LOL!

Garry-

18. mr.seaark77

mr.seaark77 New Member

State:
    ohio
    my goals for 2010 is to break 60 pounds for a blue and 50 for a flathead and to win a few tournaments this year best last was one 2 place and five 4 place i would love to win just one .

19. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    My goal is to move to many more spots in a night of fishin. I would also like to unlock the secret of daytime flatheadin on the Muskingum. Lastly, I would like to try a tournament or two, just to see how I fare in a competitive environment.

20. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Going for the "50lb-club" AGAIN on Blues!!!:wink: