Whats everyone doing

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by n2fishn, Dec 8, 2008.

1. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    I know with the holidays coming up everyone is bis but I must have a boring life.Just setting here hoping somebody would post something to read.
    So just throwing some reading our there and hope to get 500 replys.:wink:

My fishing never stops even in the winter that's when i stock up on crappie for the wither.

But beside that i get the cat poles all cleaned strip all the line off and take them out of the grarge down to the basement for the winter.
    I even repaired the shad net.Just like new now.

Cleaned the shad tank and all the coolers and headed them to the basement also.

The boat never gets winterized because I use it all winter but I do clean it up a bit and clean the live wells and all the storge compartments out.

I'm making my Christmas list for a few things to get me ready for next year, but I dont think that new SeaArk will fit under the tree:smile2:.

Anyhow hope everyone is doing good Happy Holiday's and if you get bored like me post something up for all to read.

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    It has been awful quiet around here.:smile2:
    I havent been fishin much lately around here but hope to try it out this week maybe.
    Today was nice, got up to 67 degrees, tonight they are calling for rain and snow with tomorrow's high in the 30s.:sad2::smile2: Kansas!
    Had my Dads truck in the shop today. Bad valve cover gasket and thermostat. Needs brakes too. I hope that is all.:embarassed: I need it to pull the big boat when I get it finished.
    Thats my winter project. Well one of them. I gotta put a new floor in my Dad's ol boat and get ot ready for fishin. Never worked with fiberglass before so that should be a interesting and messy learning experience.:tounge_out:
    I have already done the demo and cut the plywood so it shouldnt be too bad. My cousin has a bigger garage than I do so its over there. So I have something to hold the heat.:wink: Maybe I will get it done sooner than later and I wont have anymore problems with the truck and I can go catch some blues.:cool2:
    My little jon boat needs rod holders and the depth finder installed before spring too. She is gonna take me to the flatheads next year.:wink: I hope.:smile2:
    This coming Sat. is my Dad's birthday so we are going down to the river in Ok to visit him. Its bittersweet down there. I might be able to get some fishin in hopefully. Ill just have to see how it goes.I need to use my Ok license sometime before the year is up.:smile2:

3. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Well today after work I went out and uncovered the boat to get some pics. of it. Thinking that it is already time to let her go to up grade so the whole family can be comfirtable. That took me all of about twenty min. before I wanted to hook up and head to Toms.:wink: Decided to go ahead and mow my Peeny's over so they can come back even thicker next year (my told me not to:eek:oooh: woops). All in all pretty boring here to guy's.

Later,
    Chris

4. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    What's next.We are having a lead pouring party maybe we can throw together a boat building party also.:cool2:

I wish I had a big grarge. I would buy a project boat every fall and fix it up through the winter and sell it come spring just for something to do.

Kyle i know your story when you head to Ok this weekend reflect on the good times and throw a line in.

Have a safe trip and look forward to seeing you at Charlie's soon.

5. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Chris what are dreams for.I think you need to buy that Big boat for the family.What about a nice pontoon:wink:

I mowed the wife's pennies over also a couple yrs back and I killed them:embarassed:She about kick me in the ^&*%%^ for doing that.

If you want to go catch some crappie sometime just give me a shout.It might be winter but there still is fish to catch.

6. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Well I would like to find the one guy who wants to down size do to the economy. I'm not much of a toon guy. They are fun to fish out of but I travel with boat and steam line makes it a lot easier on my Wrangler. If you know someone who serious about a boat let me know. I have found a couple them but until mine sales I'll just keep making this one even better.:wink:

Tom I will try my butt off to get over there sometime to catch some crappie. Its just tuff when I work Sat. and Sun.:sad2:

Last year I mowed her peenys and they came back twice as thick. I take them down to about 2in tall. Meening the stem. I don't even disturb the dirt around them. If I killed them I that the new boat wouldn't happen.

7. Bigfish18

Bigfish18 Member

State:
    Wichita, Kansas
    I also load up on the crappie this time of year. Ive been hammering Toronto and Fall River.

Cody

8. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    Got my bait barn winterized, and the boat under cover, and now just waitn on the snow. The sooner we get over with winter the better.

If any of you guys are lookn for a winter project, I seen a good buy on a 95 17 foot Aluminaweld bass boat with a 88HP Evinrude. Needs a good cleaning, and all new carpet. The guy said $1500, but could probably negotiate down a ways.
    If I was sure I wasn't gonna get laid off, I'd buy it.

Kyle your welcome to use my shop to work on your boat. I've got all the tools you'll ever need.

Tom, did you buy the toon you were lookn at a while back?

9. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Ray why is selling it so cheap?

10. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    He said he got laid off. I can get the phone number for you if your interested. He said it run good, but you could tell it has been a while. All of the carpet is completely rotted, but the aluminum looked ok.
    I don't know him, I just seen it along the road, and stopped.

11. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    Still deer hunting here. Got my buck so I am trying to fill my doe tags. Season ends Sunday. Just seems luck isn't with me right now. Sat in my spot for 4 hours Saturday and they didn't show. Went Sunday and they were all standing in my spot as I walked in. They all looked so pretty running out the back way. Walked a ravine where I have scared a couple doe out every time while hunting a buck. No different Sunday, I got to the edge and one popped up and out to the top on the other side 50 yards away. Take aim and squeeze trigger and just hear click. Ejected shell to see primer hit but didn't go off. That was the third shell out of the new box that misfired. Needless to say I now have another new box of a different brand. Hoping we get the snow this week. Should be a little easier to fill rest of my tags this weekend. As soon as season is over I have to make time to get out with Tom and get on some of them crappie. Still havn't got the water pump in the Suburban changed yet. Went to start it and move it to the garage so I could get it done and the battery is dead. Pulled it out and put it on charger. Now I get to change it when it is 20 degrees outside instead of 45. Need to do lots of things to the boat this winter. Supply line for the front livewell is leaking into the boat when you try and fill it. I want to change the bilge pump out this winter with a bigger one just in case. Need to buy a new cranking battery, I have been nursing it and jump starting myself off the trolling batteries since August. I would like to change my anchor light to an LED. I fish a lot all night without starting the big motor and I like the anchor light on. This is what did my battery in. Maybe an LED will be a little easier on the battery. Need to clean and repack wheel bearings on the trailer and of course make a permanent fix on the trailer light that always works on the way to the lake but never on the way back. Couple other electrical glitches need fixed. Need to clean one more stall in the garage so I can get the race truck in there and out of my buddies garage. It is an ambitious list for me and if I get 25% of it done by spring I will call it a success.

12. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
  13. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Jay with this snow that we suposed to get I think your luck will change. In the past when it snowed it seemed to make them more active.

Ray I was just curious. I can't get to serious about another boat till mine sells. Thank you though.

Chris

14. Johnboy1975

Johnboy1975 Member

State:
    Muscotah Kansas
    Im not doing much except working and honey dos. Im having problems with my back again but that is par for me. I havnet went fishng since the middle of Oct...I put the poles in the shop and grab my bows and guns..Deer, rabbits, coyotes, pretty much any legal game. But seeing Toms crappie thread is making me get that inch really bad. My winter time projects are getting my 14ft V-bottom in better shape....making my bait tank (thanks again Kyle for the idea) and sometime this winter get some back surgery done.(my second) Which Im not looking forward to, but also to come down to the lead pouring party and meeting everyone.

15. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    I'm filling most of my free time with work. In fact I'm at work right now. Came in at noon and was supposed to get off at 10 tonight but picked up an extra shift so I'll get off at 6 tomorrow morning, then I'm on call at home for 4 hours. I'm back again tomorrow night at 6 for another 12 hours and the same wednsday.
    I'm also doing some trapping on the side. I mostly trap beavers. Its just another excuse for me to be on water. I'm having a hard time finding beaver dams this year. We had alot of big rains this year and I think the beaver moved up into the ponds. I've caught about 7 in a week and a half.
    I'm also deer hunting but havent seen a deer since season opened. I haven't even seen a road killed deer. I might have to shoot the first one I see.

16. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Be cooking for a while, have orders in for 5 shoulders, turkeys and sausage. 1 is a catering for a guy, that one will pay more than usual. Will do some predator calling as soon as we get some snow, but would really love for the lakes to stay open........I've caught the crappie bug real bad(again). Job takes up a lot of my time and energy, so like to recreate as much as possible. Also like fruity rum drinks.......think I'll go make one(no umbrella though, that's for sissies)

17. Johnboy1975

Johnboy1975 Member

State:
    Muscotah Kansas
    Hey Casey and Charlie, I just finished my furharvestor correspondence course the other night. Before I would just give them to a buddy to sale...but I figured heck Im having this much fun might as well make a little $ on the side. I got my brothers old traps from him also so I need to rework them and see if maybe I can get something with them. Maybe someday we can all get together and do some calling I have some really good spots that I havnt hit yet. And when I say I havnt it them yet what I really should be saying is that I havnt went out and made them smarter on how crappy of a caller I am. lol:smile2::smile2:

18. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    well ive just been working and eating like a bear thats about to hibernate.i have gorged myself on crappie for the past 2 days and it seems like every weekend we eat some sort of feast.the holidays do it to me every year!!i put the cover on the boat tonight so i wont have to sit on ice and snow this weekend when we go out.i have tickets for the next 2 chiefs games so my fishing will be limited to saturdays.i do have a 4 day weekend coming up the 19th-22nd and plan on chasing crappie at least 3 days if not 4.i also do a lil snow removal so anytime we get snow ill be doing that for a few days after.other than all that ive just been taking care of my kids and getting ready to give them a good xmas.which reminds me that i am expected to put up the damn xmas lights ASAP!!!!:angry::sad2::smile2:

19. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Speakin of X-Mas lights, there is a house here in Wichita that always goes all out. Ever since I was a kid. We went by tonight and took some pics. There is alot that you cant see but its pretty neat. Chris, you might know of it. Its the house on 17th and Park Place.
    Here you go!:wink:

Attached Files:

20. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    wow that house is lit up like Clark Grizwald's house on national lampoons christmas vacation!!!:smile2:
    that is an awesome pic Kyle,thanks.