Whats everyone cooking for the Super Bowl?

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by spoonfish, Feb 4, 2007.

1. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Everyone ready for some foot ball???
    What would a superbowl be with out some good food.
    I'm doing it pretty simple this year. Were going to grill some brats, little smokies in the crock pot and make some nachos with all the fixins. Wash it all down with a cold beverage.
    So whats cookin?
    Enjoy the game everyone.....

2. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    I got some brats and some spanish rice and some taco salad and some canned beverage and some taters and some ketchup,musterd,mayo and some bread. I am hungery now.

3. Texas_Select

Texas_Select New Member

State:
    TX
    We got some homemade tamales, rice, beans, queso, etc. Our local icehouse is hosting a big throwdown with plenty of good food and we plan on takin couple bottles of tequila (ta-kill-ya)!!

Hope everyone has a great Superbowl party!!

4. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Troy, I'm stickin' with standard party fare....cocktail weinees (L'il Smokies), some colby jack cheese cubes, shrimp, and tortilla chips with grilled chipotle dip and salsa. Hmmm.....think I forgot about veggies :big_smile:, but I suppose we can count the peppers, tomatoes and corn in the chips and dips :lol:. Have fun everybody!!!

5. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Super Bowl Sunday Menu at Pythonjohns:

Fried Chicken rice with butter and gravy
    Biscuits and Banana pudding.
    Ice tea.

Snacks:
    Popcorn
    Sharp chedder cheese on Ritz Crackers.
    Smoked Guda cheese on Saltines.
    Cokes.

6. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    We are having ribs, brats, hamburgers, fries, and everything else you can think of. Hope everybody has a great evening.

GO BEARS

7. talk2sampson

talk2sampson New Member

State:
    smithville mo
    we're havin grilled shrimp, smoked salmon, and raw oysters on the half shell, and lots of ice cold barley sodas. GO COLTS!!

8. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    ME and LilyJoe are having BEAR STEW!!!!!!:lol: :eek:oooh: :smile2: :roll_eyes: :wink: :tounge_out: SORRY SPOON couldn't resist.Now lets talk about the WORLD Champion ST LOUIS CARDINALS and how my YANKEES are going to beat them up in the next world series.(Should the Yankees be so fortunate to ever get to another world series:lol: )

9. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Smoked Grouper Salad on garlic butter crackers
    Chili Cheese Fries
    Celery, carrot, pepper sticks w/ SW Ranch dip
    Mini Mexican Pizzas w/SW style chicken & veggies
    Beer

What you makin' Troy?

10. cathooked

cathooked New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Im going to applebees,for the hott buffalo wing ,im lettin them cook this year lol.ill buy the beer though..lol

11. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thought I would stop in the diner for some coffee and SB talk. Where is Joe. I like the way he cooks those hash browns. I think there's more to him than he lets on.:roll_eyes::smile2:

For the past few years, the same few people comes over for the Superbowl. Mostly my Son and his friends. I'm the old man that keeps everything lined out with a full belly. LOL
    We fire up the wood stove on back porch and watch the game there. TV will be on football all day. If it dont rain, I'm sure the football will be thrown around in back yard some. I watch, I dont play. LOL.

Food
    I'm throwing on a nice looking ( spicy hot ) brisket on the pit tomorrow morning. Got it season up and soaking in a mix. Brown it real good on both sides, then rap in foil so I catch the juice, use it for a sauce. Someone is bringing , chicken or Steak and plenty of sausage links to add in the mix. I might stuff some Jal peppers for the grill.
    Some tator salad , big pot of beans with pork /ham in it. Got to have bread to rap around the meat and soak up bean juice. Maybe some deviled eggs. My plans or to cook brisket most of day, the other meats will cook faster and that will be our snacking food . Just eat on the BBQ and fixins all day. I guess someone will bring a few other snacks.
    I be doing the cooking, dab of beer for flavor. It's looking like rain tomorrow which will put a damper on the cook, (me) but, I'll still get r done.
    I have a feeling it will get a little breezy around here. :wink:

My Son is a huge Pats fan. Has been for many years. If y'all only new. He is on cloud 9 right now. He will not miss a second of the game and be able to tell anyone , play by play of how it goes down.

Hope all has a good day tomorrow.

12. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Rib eyes on the grill.
    Tater wedges with bbq'ed pulled pork, cheese and a sweet bbq based sauce on top.
    Cold pasta salad.
    Relish, summer sausage, vegie, cheese tray. chips and dip and lil smokies in the crock pot.
    Dang Im hungry now....

13. slowboat

slowboat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    After reading the post before this one I think some of you are going to have GROUND HOG for diner.:big_smile::big_smile:...sb

14. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Ooooooo, I'm glad I brought this thread back up :big_smile:.

Dan, that sounds FUN! :cool2: Spoonie's menu's soundin' alright too......now what's this about a groundhog? :confused2:

15. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    When is the SUPERBOWL?

Who is playing?

16. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I'll have some wings, shrimp boiled in zatarans, smoked salmon mixed with chive cream cheese and crackers for snacks. Then I am gonna make some hot sandwiches, load up a couple loaves of italian bread with pastrami, corned beef, swiss, tomatoes, mayo and spicy mustard. Then bake them in the oven until hot and toasted....and of course a few Lites to go with. :big_smile:

17. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    :eek:oooh:

When?
    This Sunday, tomorrow , starts at 5pm. but coverage will be all day on NFL channel.

Who?
    The greatest team in NFL will be playing. That would be New England Patriots.
    I think the Giants will be there also. LOL.

Why?
    Cause its fun.

Food,
    Cause its a party on tv that usually brings together friends for eating, drink and talking stuff. Are just you and your honey with some snacks works too.

About that groundhog.
    I like road kill stew, just about anything else. Cant go with the groundhog . They remind me of the rat family and I cants stands rats. heck it gave me chills when BOC had the rat button. LOL:crazy:

My Brisket is smelling good and I aint started cooking it yet. LOL.:tounge_out:

Anyone else cooking up for the SB. Any rabbit on the menu. Which reminds me. I'm taking a ride down the pipeline with my 22. Might up my food menu for tomorrow. :wink:

18. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    when is it? lol. i havent watched a superbowl since the bears played ??????? i think it was like 21 or something. whats it now?

19. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    So far this is what has been pledged to the party,,,

Veggie tray,
    Shrimp tray,
    Sweet and sour meatballs,
    Hot wings,
    Some sort of Alfredo chicken and shrimp,
    home made cheese balls,
    home made (from the garden) salsa,
    The leftover Catfish chowder,
    Deer nuggets,
    An excess of libations,
    and I am not sure what else, it depends on who all shows up and what they bring.
    One of the crew was making noises about fishing in the morning so there may be Sauger too.

20. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    #42, I remember that because its the same as my age. I think Ill just fry some ozzy wings el scorcho this year and get some habaneros.