What's everyone catching

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by Stoo, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Stoo

Stoo New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Not much activity in this forum. I guess you guys are fishin to hard. I went fishin with the son-in-law Sunday. We put in at Spadra and caught a tournament limit of bass. Also we hit a channel jetty with some crankbaits. First cast I caught my biggest Drum ever. I thought it was a big striper the way it pulled off line and headed upstream. Next cast I caught a nice spotted bass. then on the third cast I caught my first ever Bowfin. It weighed 3.9# and put up a heck of a fight. I had a hard time gettin my crankbait back from him but I released it to catch another day(I hope).

2. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Went last saturday and waited out the storm...nothing big but myself and my good friend allen managed to catch a nice live well full of blues and channels behind the spiro dam:smile2:

3. bigsammy

bigsammy New Member

State:
    Poteau ok
    Tried my luck on Sunday and caught eatin size channels in the shallow flats,no blues at all.:cool2:

4. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Thats easy...Nuthin for about two weeks now! Oh, except a bad chest cold! LOL!!

5. grizzly

grizzly New Member

State:
    Griffithville, Arkansas
    Been fishing very little and catching even less. Maybe the next cool spell will help. grizzly

6. NIMROD

NIMROD New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Bass are doing good on Nimrod . I fished a little over 4 hours yesterday and caught 13 bass. :cool2: 11 of them would have been keepers and 2 dinks. Just no bigguns though .This cooler weather moved them shallow on wood. They've been hitting crankbaits and spinnerbaits on shallow stumps for a while. Early last month they were on rock points.
    Ready for the fall crappie bite to pickup , then the bass fishing can go.:big_smile:

7. Cat King

Cat King New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    havent fished in a while but plan to sunday

8. Stoo

Stoo New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Hey Sam. The folks at the Spadra marina said people are gettin their limits of cats up old spadra creek right now. I may try it this weekend. I'm on standby for work. Last time I went fishin while I was on call I thru the cell phone in the river with the cast net. Oops!

9. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Don't get hasty stoo:roll_eyes: I bet that phone is just ringing away....20ft down:tounge_out: That creek is a hot spot....for a long time..

10. Stoo

Stoo New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    My son and I went with my dad to Piney this morning. Caught a mess of crappie. Nothing big but it was fun.

11. kde

kde New Member

State:
    Texas
    I usually fish with a crawfish lure -- catch everything from Drum to Bass to Gar. May be getting to cool for the bait now though...

12. tomnt369

tomnt369 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Fished the Red River down here around Doddridge this weekend. Caught a few nice whiteskins and a few good size drum. Anybody know how to prepare drum?

13. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    The FLU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No kidden!:crazy:

14. CatHound

CatHound New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey there tomnt369,

Are you the same "tomnt" that used to live in the Blanding area ?

If so, Dang, it IS a small world - ain't it ?

If not, nevermind - go ahead and ignore the incoherent baying of this old CatHound.

Anyway, here is a link you can go to for a Drum recipe: