Whats Dumbest moves you ever made on Santee

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Cgoyette, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Cgoyette

Cgoyette New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Well I have done some bone head things on the lake for example;

time I drove one pontoon up on a tree in the middle and all i could do was circles and I mean I tried everything to get free, just got the boat hung perfect. I actullay had th throw the grapple anchor to lock against another tree so it would hold the boat from going in circles.

next was I tried to make a really long cast and when I loaded the rod the weight came around and wacked me in the back of teh head---all but knocked me out. Hurt like hell but I laughed about how stupid that was afterward.

feel free to put you bone head moves below, all for a good laugh.

Curt

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Before I got a GPS we put in at Randolphs right before Christmas 1 year and it was so foggy you coudnt even see the end of randolphs dock. I told my 2 uncles no big deal I knew excactlly where we were going.:eek:oooh: We headed up the channel markers and then cut across the trees to a place I had been really wearing the fish out in a smal ditch. Well at 12 ocklock when the fog finnally burnt off I was around 3 miles from where my destination was.:smile2: I got a gps on the boat the next week.

3. tony

tony New Member

State:
    lake Murray sc
    i was by myself down at low falls one time tryin to launch my big jon boat and got in a hurry!! i forgot to secure the rope so when i backed it up' it went off the trailor and kept going and going.. too cold to go swim for it!!! so thank god there were some bass fishermen in the area, so i asked them to go get it for me..talk about feeling like an idiot!!!

4. about 25 years on lake Marion, I thought i would be cool to back up to a huge wasp nest and tee off on it w/ a boat paddle, then jump in the front seat of my brothers stick steering bass boat.:eek:oooh:
    made solid contact on nest and wasp were coming, jumped in drivers seat
    slamed the throttle down and slamed the stick steering down to turn quickly and broke the steering housing. I had to "bear hug steer the motor while i was promptly stung by a few angry wasps:crazy:
    Top that one guys.

5. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Mark sounds like alcohol mave have been a factor in that.:smile2:

6. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Without a doubt the dumbest thing I have done has been to underestimate the wind and weatherÂ… and on more than one occasion! In fact one time, after launching from Randolphs, it got so bad we ended up stranded at Canal Lakes later that night. We were fortunate to meet some great folks that drove me back around to get the truck. There are a number of other stories.

The weather on that body of water is no joke and demands total respect!

7. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    Went fishing durning the day in August.

This was before I new what sunscreen was. I'm not one of your local boys, I fish at night down there now,I like it better at night, bugs don't bug me.

8. MossyBack

MossyBack New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I will second stupmjumper on the weather. To many stories to tell but here are a few. Tried to load up the tri-toon at Randolphs when the wind was blowing the wrong way (every time Nate saw me after that, he would just shake his head), caught in the dead forest during a sever lightning storm with trees getting popped all around, crossed the safe channel in a 40' house boat in one of the worst storms I have ever seen (lost all of the patio furniture, fishing gear and broke every dish but managed to save the beer), left the canal heading to Randolphs in the fog with no gps just a compas and got stuck in that thick crap off to the left of the channel, froze my butt off one night trying to heat up some water for coffee only to realize that the fuse was bad in the cig lighter and all the other fuses blew out so we had no lights and could not get the heck out of there and this one was not too dangerous for me but my buddy and I were heading back in some rough weather and he had a case of the bubble gut and could not wait to get to land (if you have seen the rest room at randolphs, you know why) so as he was hanging over the back of the boat, I caught a wave that almost threw him out the back, if not for the ugly stick, he would have gone over, when they say those rods dont break they aint lying!

9. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    My bonehead experience almost got me killed......Last July, I went down with two buddies from work for a weekend of R&R. We stayed at and launched out of Harry's with a 16ft Duracraft and a 12ft aluminum jon. The motor on the Duracraft crapped out and we all decided to load up in the jon and take our chances. About 12:30 in the morning, a storm came up so quick we didn't even see the lightning until it was popping all around us. So, I rode out a storm in a 12ft aluminum jon boat. I'm ready for the roller coasters again. I think I can handle them better than the waves on Lake Marion.