What's biting where?

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by bencoleman1977, Aug 12, 2008.

1. bencoleman1977

bencoleman1977 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hi guys,

I haven't had much time to fish yet this summer, my wife just had our first baby last month...but my parent's are coming to visit this weekend so my dad and I are going to try fishing while they're here.

Can anyone tell me where you've been catching them lately? I'm familiar with Guist Creek Lake and Taylorsvile, but I don't know how this cool spell has affected the fish, if at all. I'd appreciate any tips. Thanks!

2. CatMaster3

CatMaster3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Well cant help you up thatta way. Down here by maysville I caught 3 flatties on yellowbellies about 2 hrs before dark..Biggest was a 9 lber but its alot better than nothing at all. Hope you have good luck when u go out next weekend.:wink:

3. lilgriz

lilgriz New Member

State:
    Aurora, KY
    Can't tell you much about that area either, but I know here at Barkely Lake the cool spell has got the fish stirring. We've been able to catch big bluegills, and good eating sized channels using redworms and nightcrawlers. There was also a guy fishing down from us using crickets and he was tearing up the big bluegills and channels as well. Fishing with a float around 3-10 foot of water.

4. lilgriz

lilgriz New Member

State:
    Aurora, KY
    By-the-way, welcome to the board Ben!

5. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hey Ben, welcome to the Brotherhood of Catfishermen family buddy! We're glad to have you! :big_smile:

As you can surmise, I can't tell ya anything about KY myself.....well, 'cept for the fact I had a wonderful time at the national gathering 2006 at Kenlake.

Congrats on the new addition to the family, and happy fishing bro!