Whats best

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by Wallbass, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Wallbass

Wallbass New Member

State:
    Indiana
    :0a35: Which is better in your opinion for Cat Bait,Shrimp or Crawdads?
    Also do you use Cooked or Raw Shrimp?.......Thanks Jeff :smile2:

2. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    If i had to choose inbetween those two i'd use peeled raw shrimp. I wouldnt go as far as saying that shrimp is the best bait around for cats though. Lots of guys including myself preferr cut or live bait for the bigger cats, personally for smaller eaters i preferr dip bait's of all sorts, mainly Sonnys Blood formula, Cattrackers line of dip baits or Team Catfishes Secret 7.

3. duckbuster

duckbuster New Member

State:
    Ballard Co., Kentucky
    Between the two, I'd have to go with the shrimp.

4. stickusmc

stickusmc New Member

State:
    Glasford, Illinois
    id have to say out of the options i would use raw shrimp soaked in garlic salt

5. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    shrimp are plentyiful, i use raw shrimp with the shell... there are several sizes also, i find bigger shrimp harder to stay on the hook and are more expensive, uncooked as well....

6. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Id have to say crawdads i fish with both shrimp and crawdada and i find the crawdads work a little better.And thats probably because thats a food source readily avalible and something there used to seeing,there native to that body of water where the shrimp on the other hand is not.But i do like to use both,if your going to use shrimp use the uncooked kind,it wont be pink it will be like a gray or brown color.