What's a good slip-bobber?

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by Gibbzilla, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    I'm going to BPS in the next couple of days, and I need some good slip-bobbers for cut-bait, nightcrawlers, and small live shad on 20-25 lb. test line. What are the specific names of some good slip-bobbers I could find at Bass Pro?

2. richinchrist1022

richinchrist1022 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I use Billy Bob brand pole slip floats. They work well for me and you can cast them a country mile . They run about $2 a piece. Hope this helps.:big_smile: You can find these at the ole wolly world.

3. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Adrian, check this out. Gene's products are great, and he is a BOC sponsor. Best Kat Bobbers in the country.

http://wildwolfproducts.com

4. joesf

joesf New Member

State:
    Bloomington IL
    You could make your own this is a little big but with a piece of wire a straw a barrel swivel a couple of egg sinkers and a 2 inch chem light stick it makes for a heck of a night bobber.

Attached Files:

5. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    cat bobbers are the only ones i can get to float my sinkers and bait

6. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Do they sell cat bobbers at BPS?

7. TomV

TomV New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Missouri
    No, but you would be hard pressed finding a faster more dependable shipper then Gene of Wild Wolf Products.

Oder some from him and I gaurantee you won't be dissapointed.

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=288

8. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
  9. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Those big fish sliders look great, and I know they'd be good for bigger cats, but would a 12-inch channel be able to take that bobber under? I catch a lot of smaller cats on my cut-bait rigs as well. Also, that paint looks kinda like it would glow in the dark. Would I be able to see it at night?

Thanks.

10. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    I use lighthouse bobbers. But tonight I will be useing my katbobbers and fatkat bobbers I got of Gene

11. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    I use the Catfish Stalkers. You can buy them for most any size weight you would normaly use. They are tough,cast well and can be seen well too. If need be you can mount a light stick on them easy enough.
    I got mine from Catfish Connection

Cheez

12. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    gene makes several sizes and if you use circle hooks the cat bobbers work just like a jug.the fish hook themselves.

13. FourEyes45

FourEyes45 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Kat Bobbers they work great
    Have a great and safe Weekend.
    Walter

14. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Well caught a 10lb flathead last night useing genes katbobbers,they were awsume! I would recomend them to everyone. Thanks Gene and wild wolf!
    [​IMG]

15. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Nice, Crab! I still haven't caught one that big. :sad2:

16. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Keep it up you will! Im fairly new to the catfish gang also.

17. akwolf41

akwolf41 Master Instigator of the BOC!

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    Crab & Gibbzilla;

You guys keep fishing with those KatBobbers with Live Bluegill, Shad, or Bullheads set at about 4 to 5 feet of water along the shgore in 6 to 10 feet of water about dusk or dark and you will both catch some BIG Flatheads if they are in the water you are fishing. That is FOR SURE.

Good luck;

Gene

P S check to see which fisherman has caught the Biggest fish in the Fishoff (Poisonpits), Caught with a katBobber. LOL Tell ya something.

18. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    I use floatrigs alot and the best float I've found are the BIGTHRILL floats. I mainly use the 8" models. At night a I use a 1 1/2" glowsticks on them. They can hold up large live baits and even a 4lb fish came take them under.

19. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    I know this is an off-topic question, but since it's such a minor one I thought I'd just add it on to this topic instead of clutterin up the forums more than I already have. :tounge_out:

I was just wonderin, can you use nightcrawlers with octopus circles? They're my favorite kind of hook, but when I'm targeting smaller channels I like to use nightcrawlers, and I just wanted to know if I could use the hooks for them too.

20. robbor

robbor New Member

State:
    Ca
    while fishing last month we came across a ton of small cats 5-10" and my uncle was using circle hooks. The small cats did alot of short striking and there was way to much missing going on. I would not use circles as all if you get many short strikes. I wont use circle hooks. Ive missed to many fish on them.