whats a good gun

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by scooter079, Dec 14, 2008.

1. scooter079

scooter079 New Member

State:
    ohio
    im looking for a good rifle i prefer bolt action for coyote does anyone have any affordable suggestions or any advise i dont have alot to spend thanks

2. Sharpy22

Sharpy22 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Well id say a savage 111 in 223 very accurate i have one that shoots great it loves to crank out the nosslers at whistle pigs have'nt tried it on yotes though also 22-250 but i have that in a heavy barrel definately not your walk and stalk gun lol weighs about 10 lbs its a Rem in VLS hope this helps:wink:

3. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Scott, check the local pawn shops, may find a good bargain quickly. :wink:

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Gotta agree with Paul,Walmart usually has the lowest prices on guns,But they dont often have a big selection of varmint type rifles. I have been surfing the web and checking prices the last two days,There aint any bolt guns under 350.00.

5. Sharpy22

Sharpy22 New Member

State:
    ohio
    got to thinking dependding on your location here in ohio a couple of places i goto by me sometimes have some used ones decent on prices one place thats my fav is Fin Feather Fur in ashland, buckeye outdoors in newark and sportsmans den in shelby they usually have some thing between 300 and 400 if you want the Numbers let me know ill check back later or tommorow good luck

6. weekendredneck69

weekendredneck69 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Heck, if you gotta bluestem around you could pick up a new england firearms single shot w a bull barrel for less than 250...

7. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    223 or 22-250 either is a great coyote cal.. I think the 22-250 has a bit of an edge over the 223 when long range come into play. Check the pawn shops and some gun shops might have a good used one the have taken on trade.

8. scwhite

scwhite New Member

State:
    Shreveport , La.
    I think the Ruger Mod. 77 Is the best Rifle for the Money . You can get it in any cal. you won't . From 22 Rim. fire . To big high powers. Thay look good, fill good , and handle good .

9. bowhunter145

bowhunter145 New Member

State:
    indiana
    i do alot of coyote hunting iv got a rem. model 700 .270 but i spend around 400 if u go to gander mountain they have the best selection i had but a stevens 308 there savage makes it the only differenct about it is no accu trigger but for the price the gun shot great spend like 250-300 dollars. My father uses a 17hmr rimfire and killed three got to shoot them n the head though any highpo is good inless u tend to sell the furs the best .223. go get a gun asap though cause the prises r only goin to get higher on guns

10. reloader1220_270

reloader1220_270 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    rossie hs a varity of single shot combos try them

11. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    Just a tip. The local Walmart in my area will order the gun you want. I saw the gun I wanted but not in the right caliber. They said they could order me one in the caliber I wanted for the same price.