Whats a good grill recipe for cooking carp?

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by doomz, Dec 29, 2006.

1. doomz

doomz New Member

State:
    California
    I caught 2 good sized carp last week and I threw them back. I felt bad throwing them back because they were so fat. My cousin wanted to eat them but I tild him the meat wasn't that good and I had to get a good recipe to make them taste good. Does anybody got a good and easy recipe that I can use...thanks...Doomz

2. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    I use ADams season all, and lemon. Let the lemon soak in befor you put the season all on, then grill man grill.

3. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky

Is it called Adams Season All? I've never tried grilling fish, but it sounds good. Everyone in my clan just wants it fried.

One thing I have found out about carp is that they need to be bled. If you can't keep them alive, then bleed them before icing them down. Whack their tails off and hang them to bleed for 5-10 mins. Also, I won't eat one that's larger than 5-6 lb, meat's too coarse. Carp's ok, I'd 10 times rather have buff.

4. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    not my recipe but im gunna try it next time i catch carp. cut down to the backbone behind gills. turn knife and cut through ribs down to tail. you should have 2 sides of fish. leave scales on, season, and throw on grill scale side down.

5. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Remember that many fish change flavor with the time of the year which affects water quality,food source and such.Different fish,different waters,different affects.Most fish,but not all seem to be firmer in cooler water.I think this affects all fish to some extent.There can be a radical difference in some fish.Fish,game,livestock,fruit and vegetables are all affect by source and conditions.We often forget this when trying something different.I love you brothers and sisters.peewee

6. bigcat_chaser

bigcat_chaser New Member

State:
    Cincy, Ohio
    the question that begs to be answered is why would you want to? lol just kiddin to each his own I guess. :big_smile:

7. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    My mothers recipe for carp was as follows;
    Stake the carp to a cleaning board and remove the scales and skin, gut the carp and remove the gills, take a mallet and pound the carp thoroughly until soft and mushy scrape the carp off the board, throw it away and eat the board.:lol: Enjoy.