whats a better spot?

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by sandgan, Apr 26, 2009.

1. sandgan

sandgan New Member

State:
    california
    if i go to clear lake would you camp and fish at the kelsey creek campground or do you think the lower bay view campground is better?thanks for helping with all my questions just trying to become a better fisherman thanks again.

2. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Never fished Clear lake from shore, only from boat. Wish I could help:sad2:

3. fshnutz

fshnutz New Member

State:
    Sacramento California
    I would call the campground and inquire about the fishing access. Make sure you tell them you are shore fishing, and find out if there is good shore access.
    Linz

4. wishrman

wishrman New Member

State:
    california
    I would go for Kelsy Creek. Depending on the water you can fish from the mouth all the to the bridge "10 yrs ago anyway". If fishing the mouth, amagine the creek going straight out with the channel in the middle and cast as far as you can. Main baits, not in any order. Mack, shiners,crawdad,worms,shrimp. Ive done fairly well along the reeds to the left of the creek, but remember more squaw fish and carp caught than cats. Carp also good cat bait,not sure how legal though. NOW GET OUT THERE AND GO FISHING,ANYWHERE! P.S. check out catfished.com. That used to be a pretty good resouce for info around the lake,should be about derby time. Good Luck!!!!

5. wishrman

wishrman New Member

State:
    california
    Yep,just checked catfished.com. He is up and running. that site will answer all qustions re: cats at Clearlake