What your favorite, fish fry or cornmeal....?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by catfisherfromball, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Comment ca va?(Dat is french for How ya'll are?) I was just curious on which is da favorite way to fix ya'll's catfish. mine is generally done wit some mixture of fish fry. some zataran's or some othername brand like dat with a little flour or cornmeal. I was just going to try to use just cornmeal on my next batch seasoned up purtty good wit some cayenne pepper.... keyaawww my mout is waterin already,....Also,wat is your favorite recipie too. Will try most if not all posted back....

2. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I prefer the flour based coatings over cornmeal based. Uncle Bucks Crispy and Andy's are awfully good. I just received 2 batches of TSS seasoned coating (regular and cajun). I like to soak the fillets in beer for about 5 min before coating and then fry at @ 350-400 degrees. Makes me hungry just thinking about it!

3. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Well there's several recipes for batter, but I will give you one I use mostly..

Depending on how much fish your gonna fry up, you will need to adjust the quanity of the mix.

3 cups yellow corn meal
    1/4 cup flour ..To make mix stick to fish..
    2 teaspoons salt
    2 teaspoons of cayenne. or, habanero powder
    3 teaspoons of garlic powder
    5 teaspoons of onion powder
    Mix really well

seperate bowl add:

1 cup milk
    1 teaspoon black pepper
    2 tablespoons of mustard

Dip fish in milk mixture, then in batter, then milk mixture again, and batter again..

Now cook fish....ummm good..