What you guys think????

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by o'boro cat hunter, Oct 9, 2009.

1. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    About fishing the Ohio River after a 9 foot rise????:confused2::confused2: Thinking about hitting them up in the morning.:wink:

2. Raven Blayde

Raven Blayde New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Can't say about the Ohio (it's a lot larger and more dangerous), but I'm gonna try the Kentucky river when it gets daylight. Those big boys should be right on the banks against the rock ledges. If you go, try to leave the boat at home and fish the banks for safety reasons. Myself, I don't have much choice cause the spot I wanna fish isn't accessable from the bank. :crazy:

3. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    the fish should be on fire...just be safe. and watch for drift

4. catman from owensboro

catman from owensboro New Member

State:
    ky
    find the fish and they well bite. wish i could go but it yougth weekend for deer.

5. John Jennings

John Jennings New Member

State:
    kentucky
    it's going to be swift and muddy with a lot of debris. Even drifting will be a challenge for a few days.

6. catfishingricky

catfishingricky Member

State:
    kentucky
    i'll be there in the morining we smashed them today a 37#,two 15# a 18# and 5 others under 10# on mcalpine pool

7. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    I wonder how a person would do up the creeks off the ohio with the backwater looks like they would be running up them.

8. o'boro cat hunter

State:
    kentucky
    Went out Saturday,river was up and moving,the bit was slow.Then bam 5 blues from 19lbs to 12lbs in about 1hr, was well worth the trip.I'll add some pictures later.River was'nt real bad trashed.

9. Frog Legs

Frog Legs New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Cat Hunter, How do you fish with the river this high? Do you try to drift or find a hole and anchor up?

10. o'boro cat hunter

State:
    kentucky
    anchoring for sure,looking for slacks in current,parked barges,back side of deep wholes and BIG ace LOGS.Really like to fish along bank in high water, caught some big fish doing that. Hope this helps

11. Ky_Katter91

Ky_Katter91 New Member

State:
    Northern Ky
    I may try to hit it up this Saturday if I dont hit up Williamstown Lake.