What You do?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by SSgt Fishslayer, Jun 30, 2007.

1. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Just curious, thought it would be cool to find out what every one does for their income. I would say what do you do for a living, but some of us dont really consider it a living, more like a matter of life. Ok, I'll go first. As most of you already know or can tell I am a United States Marine. Been doing it almost 8 years and have a few more to go. I have achieve the rank of Staff Sergeant (which was no easy feat in such a short time) and i am stationed in Yuma, AZ. What about the rest of you?

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Joey,

Thank you for the service to our wonderful country, stick it out for the 20 if you can cause having that extra income will be nice when you retire. If anything join the reserves when you get out to get your 20. Now for me I am a subject matter expert (SME) for Trainers that train Insurance agents for one of the top companies. I started out at the help desk fixing the agents issues now Im trying to get it before it starts. And you are right it is an ends to a means right now, civilian life is very different so when you do get out make sure you have all your ducks in a row and always CYA :crazy:. Again thank you for your service.

3. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I am a high school Health and PE Teacher. I am also the JV wrestling coach. I am also a Real Estate Agent and landlord (yes, 80 hour weeks are normal for me :sad2:). Finally, I try to keep my wife happy (a full time job in itself!).

4. dewboy24us

dewboy24us New Member

State:
    Missouri
    i work in redneck heaven, i work in the sporting goods dept at wally world.....lol

5. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Work for good old Dad. I am a builder/ carpenter. We have been in business for 22 years. :big_smile::big_smile::big_smile: I hope to take over soon!!! :confident:

6. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I work in a conveinence store.:confused2: I am also a full time college student, full time mom, grandma, and live-in girlfriend. None of which pay very well.:roll_eyes:
    I am getting my degree in accounting though so hopefully I wiil make more money after graduation.

7. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am a meat cutter. I cut big peices into smaller ones so that you don't have to.:wink:Gotta feed the masses. Been at it for about 4 years, and for some strange reason, I actually enjoy it:eek:oooh:...most of the time.:tounge_out:Thank you Staff Sgt. Fishslayer for your dedication to our country!!!

8. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    im a retired con. worker.i have a dog grooming shop that i work at now to earn money for fishing.

9. whiskerlover

whiskerlover New Member

State:
    St. joseph Missouri
    I am a corrections officer. It is a job that you love one day and hate the next.

10. okiefishkiller

okiefishkiller New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    i,m maint. supervisor for a mental health assoc.

11. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I am a retired postman and retired Pastor:big_smile:

12. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma

I work in mental health also?
    Most of our patients have charges pending and it's part of our job to get them ready to go through the court system.
    I've been there about 1 1/2 yrs.

I also run a few web sites, which I've been doing since 1999.

Ken

13. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I am a jack of all trades i guess have had my hand in all aspects of the construction industry and hold a current CDL ,drive a truck part time now and own my own welding rig . i currently work for a local const. co that builds metal buildings and installs metal roofs.

14. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    I am a Safety Supervisor and a Supervisor of a crew that cleans tank Railcars. I work at the local Greyhound Park at times as the Lure Operator.

15. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Hello ,My name is Jerry and I am a Roughneck.One day soon I will be free from the addiction.
    I am a Derrickhand I rack pipe in the derrick and load it back out again.When we arnt tripping pipe I get to chase around a couple other fellas yelling orders and cussing about my boys being lazy :)

On the bright side I get more outside time than anyone I know except other roughnecks.

16. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    I sell blinds and shutters and love it. We repair blinds too. Just a mom and pop place for the past 14 years now.

17. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I pace the floor waiting on the postman to bring my pension check...:smile2:

18. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    I am a supervisor for a chemical company. We are now manufacturing bio-fuels along with our chemcial line of products. For the last year and a half, I have been assigned to design, build and now manage a Fuel Pellet Plant (Premimum Wood Pellets). I currently have 7 employees and will expand to 14 very soon. Our new product (Permimum Wood Pelelts) is sold out. I'm have a blast and put in lots of very long hours.

19. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'm an automotive technician. and it makes me crazy at times. (hence the screenname) i work in a chrysler/jeep dealership. we're a full service dealership. that means we work on EVERYTHING. until recently i was the shop foreman. but, i gave it up to go back to being a flat rate line tech. i make much more money flat rate. there's no money in lower management in this industry.

20. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'm retired after spending 32 years with a major petrochemical corporation. Worked every job from hourly plant operator trainee to Director of Operations.

Attached Files: