What would you rather eat?

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by bnt55, Jul 6, 2008.

Favorite eating catfish?

1. Flathead

2. Blue Cat

3. Channel Cat

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    If you only had one choice of catfish to eat which would it be?

2. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I voted for blues, because 90 percent to the fish I keep are blues. Dont get me wrong I will throw a flathead or channel in oil any day. They all deep fry the same to me.

3. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    I voted for channels - that's what I catch the most!!:smile2:

Deb

4. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I prefer to eat blues. They have a whiter meat and IMO are a cleaner tasteing fish. Id eat all of them but prefer blues.

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    flatheads. between the two. never ate blue. there only in a couple lakes around here and i dont frequent them.

6. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I chose Flatheads. Flatheads are mainly predators that eat live bait or fresh cut, making them the "cleanest" of the three IMHO.

Besides that, they taste better. :wink:

7. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    I love flathead. Cut the belly meat into strips and boil in lightly salted water. Then dip the strips into melted butter with lemon juice. It tastes a little like lobster.

8. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I'm a flathead kinda guy. Daddy use to say i was just like one,"all mouth and no brains":crazy:

9. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Flats.

Doesn't matter if it weighs 5lbs or 75lbs, the quality of the meat is the same.

10. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I chose channel only because Ive never had a blue or a flatty. We dont have either in Nevada. Bullheads are good by the way. :cool2:

11. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I think Krogers sells farm raised channels, so thats what I eat..

The river I fish is way to poluted to keep anything out of..

I kept a few channels I caught out of a pond once but they tasted muddy.

12. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Oh C'mon! It's not that polluted..... It's not any dirtier than The Muskingum.... BTW, it's about 73 degrees out. Since I started eating river fish I can tell the temprature by either sticking out my tongue or sticking my thumb up..... well, by sticking out my tongue! :wink:

13. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I had to go with blues,I have eaten lots of channels,and only one or two flats,when I clean fish all the fillets are stuffed in ziplocks till I'm done ,so cant really tell what it is when I cook em. I am quite fond of yellow bullheads ,they have a sweet taste from our clear,clean waters here in New Mexico.:wink:

14. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Flatheads for sure! Blues come in second, but not a close second. Channels are dead last. I try not to eat channels if possible. Flatheads rank way up there with crappie and walleye.

15. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    If I'm keepin catfish to eat its normally channels, theres an abundance of em up here in our lakes, rivers, & streams. The flattys and blues are harder to come by, at least on the business end of a rod, I CPR them regardless of size. WRB

16. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm not too picky as long as they are rolled in a mixture of corn meal and flour then released into Oil at 350 degree. :big_smile:

17. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    I will catch them all but as far as introducing them to oil, im a blues man, chanels I have eaten tasted like you battered them in mud..:eek:oooh:
    Puddle...

18. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    flats all the way.most of the fish i catch are blues and channels,yes i eat them to,but i like flats best.over 10 lbs.i let go but thats just me.

19. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    I am pretty surprised by the poll results, if I was a betting man I would have put flats and blues as a tie then way down low would be the channel cats. Whodathunk?

20. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well me too. since flatheads are just amazing.

theres so much pressure to release them because they get big some wont dare say they eat em.:wink:

i had ocean sail cat and hardheads. ide throw channels in the trash after eating them.:wink:

i havent ate a blue. YET. be sure the first i catch is a dead one. got to compare.:big_smile: