What would you offer??

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by flysure1, Mar 5, 2009.

1. flysure1

flysure1 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I had this stuck in "ramblings" and thought maybe I ought to put it seperate---

[​IMG] Whats it worth??
    I was showing off my mach 1 to a guy I work with this morn and he saw my little jon boat in my shed and said he had a old 9.8 merc. that he might sell that would fit on there--it is actually too big for my little 14 pond jon--(7 h.p. is rating) anyway my fishing buddy is looking for a lake kicker for his roughneck---the guy claims it was ran out of fuel (maybe not gummed up?)when he stuck it in his heated garage several years ago, I am going to look at it--he says it was lake used very little, claims it looks like new--it is electric start also--kinda odd---what would be a ballpark figure to offer if it runs good--it probably is 70's vintage---thanks Rod

2. roadkill636

roadkill636 New Member

State:
    warrenton misso
    Them 9.8s were started back in1968 and many were made,just over the grains of sugar in a picture of KOOL AID ,mercury got a hold of some REAL bad electrical wire for a few years, look at the timing advance wires coming from under the flywheel and give them a real good bending back and forth, more than likely the insulation will flake off if the wiring is good ita worth $200

3. flysure1

flysure1 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I asked how much to offer for a 70's vintage 9.8 mercury here the other day, a buddy of mine went and looked at it yesterday, he said it looked very nice, it hadn't been ran for several years, he finally threw out a price to him---$600. I guess a fellow can always come down but I thought that was pretty high?

4. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    you're right about coming down on the price. you can buy a later model for about that. i went to nada.com and looked up the price for my 05 25 hp electric start mercury and it is worth $1200

5. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    lol nada listed one of my old motors at 50$ ill buy them at that price all day if i could. they sell for 3-500 here?