what would you do?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Sep 20, 2009.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    As most of have read the story about my neighbor selling those fish them rubbing it in my face....I cussed him out and walked away.

Well just a few minutes ago, he saw me pull in and walked to my truck, and siad maybe one day we should settle this man to man.

Guys I am a big man, 6 feet 4 and 280 lbs...But, and a big but.

I had extensive back surgery lasy year, my right leg is still totally numb, and I still have 3 herniated disk that could blow at any time, like my last one did, which damged my leg.

I know If I try to fight this guy, I am gonna screw my back up beyond belife.

But my manhood says ok lets let her rip, but my mind says jack, it is better to run and to be able to walk the rest of your life...I think I am gonna have to fight him if he challenges me again, I dont think I could live with myself by walking away.

And he knows about my surgery, because he saw me using a walker to walk with.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  2. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Next time this happens....CALL ME!!! I can be there in an hour...mess this guy up in a few minutes then we can get some bait and go fishing.:smile2: Or we can invite him to go fishing and drown his a$$ in the hole he took those fish from!!

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I have NOT read the story yet, and this is the first I have heard of this. As for what would I do, well, without going into too much oratory, I'd just let it go. A fight would only put you on HIS LEVEL, which obviously is not too high, plus you might injure your back worse and thus RUIN your quality of life for you and your family, not to mention legal repercussions. These are trying times that we are living in, and the ol' devil always tries to keep pushing us to our limits. I'd say to pray for this individual. Prayer works miracles. You can bet that the Good Lord above will give him his due as we reap what we sow, and so shall he. All you have to do is sit back and enjoy the show. His day of tribulation WILL come. Again, pray for him as I will do for the both of you.

Bill in SC

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Ok, I will tell him I have a mean hilljack coming to get him:smile2:

5. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Jack!!
    An old fellow told me one time it takes a bigger man to walk away, than stand there and fight it out and stoop to his level of mentality.
    I'm note saying I've always done that though, but sometimes it's the best thing to do.
    Sounds like you have already told him what you think of him as an individual. If he will leave it at that, letting it be might be the best thing to do.
    If he will not leave it at that, Tell him you belong to the brotherhood and he don't want all your brothers to show up on his door step.

6. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Jack this guy sounds like a total horses ass and I wouldnt spend the time of day on him. I get pissed off easily which sux sometimes cause Im a freaking wimp:smile2:. Really tho keep away from him or it will cause you harm IMO.

7. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Him knowing about your surgery and still wanting to fight you should tell you what kind of level this guy is on. I'd walk away if I were you, my manhood wouldn't be phased one bit, since I'd be fully aware that I'm not trying to risk walking for the rest of my life.

If, if, this were me - the altercation would be totally different. :big_smile:

8. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks guys, I am just gonna ignore him, I know I cant fight and risk not being able to walk again.

But if my health was better we would have went at it the first night he told me about selling those fish.

9. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I know it would be hard to walk away because i probley couldnt myself but its probley the right thing to do. You dont need to injure your back anymore jack or end up in jail or even worse. Not saying you couldnt whip this guy. I myself would have hit him when he came over the first time then thought of the consequences later. I cant handle people gettin in my face or tryin to intimadate me.

10. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    OR...you could take him out with 1 hit and not worry about injuring yourself more than you already are. :big_smile:

I can't tell YOU what to do Jack, but if it were me, and I do get very tempermental at times, I think it would have been on right when he said it. And i'm not even a big guy.

At this stage, it's not about fish. Reguardless of what started anything, he called you out. But, you definately have to think about your health, and your family before making any rash decisions. Only you know how the negatives will affect your life.

Then again, I wanted to hit him just from hearing what he did and bragged about.

11. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    well at this point if comes on your property again you probably could just shoot him and tell the the cops he threatened you , but then again i'm no lawyer :big_smile:

12. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I second that. I HEARD HIM THREATEN YOU! :smile2::smile2::smile2:

13. L2druid

L2druid New Member

State:
    Illinois
    ..Words can't describe the stupidity of this guy. I'm sorry you have to deal with such an ass. I hadn't seen the story. What a shame to have lost all those amazing fish forever to such a douche bag.

Like others have said, you shouldn't stoop to his level and fight him. Man to man...right, you should tell him you would fight him-if he was a real man! who comes up to someone and says that? Wow. I'd insult him because he seems stupid enough to take the bait. Hey, if he hits you, he goes to jail. Hate to see you get hurt though, so maybe not..

14. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Jack you could also let him hear you braggen about some great spots (pick some horrible spots to go to that are hard to get to) and keep braggen about them. How you caught a couple of 40 pounders out there, have your cell to your ear like your callen someone.

He will hopefully take the bait and waste his time and gas getting there when you know for a fact that they are dead spots. You will get him off your back cause he will be chasing ghosts of cats and he will be wasting his time and gas and other stuff that will hopefully keep him busy for awhile.

15. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i know a guy who has the # of a guy that has a brother that hangs out with the uncle of a guy who takes care of guys like this!!!:smile2:

16. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    jack i personally believe in an eye for an eye. he wants to run his lip then bust it for him let him walk up to ur truck and start runnin his mouth and while hes talkn feed him a mouth full of fist. hes on ur prop threatn ya! then again tho bein injured and he knows that kinda seems to me likes he thinkn easy fight. piss on him really not worth ur time when he knows u have them probs. he must be dumber than a stick!!!

17. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I say just bust a cap in his arse Jack... let 'em smoke turds in pergatory.

18. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    jack its really not worth injuring your back in a fight, hit him with a baseball bat:wink:

19. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    jack,

if it was me i would report him to the dnr and let them fight the fight for me. as for actually fighting him, im like the other guys i read. i would let it go. if you were in better physical shape id say the same thing, but sense you aren't i would strongly advice not putting yourself and family at risk over some bunghole. JMO

20. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    have you made a police report on this?it mite be a good thing to do, it sounds like this is going to last a while with this a- hole, so by having other folks around, and keeping the law up to date is all in ur favor. get a stun gun,and keep it in your coat pocket,or in your back pocket and make sure you see him coming, let him talk shit, and if he walks up on you and gets with in 3 feet of you BURN HIS ASS!!!! pull it and do it, dont pull it and think about it,do it,keep the pocket its in away from him till you pull it,