What Would You Do? POLL

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by H2O Mellon, Jul 9, 2006.

What Would You Do If Your Friend Had To Borrow Equipment In Order To Fish With You

1. Easy, I am a fine upstanding person, I'd give them my best equipment

2. I'm A Very Mean Person, Full Of Hate, I'd Give Them Nothing

3. I'm The Kind Of Guy (ie: FLATHUNTER) That Would Give Them BROKEN EQUIPMET

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Brothers & Sisters, I have a question:

Let's say that your best pal (or even his wife) needed to borrow fishign equipment. What would you do, what kind of equipement would you give them?

Sat night, my wife & I were in need of rod & reel, Flathunter gave us this OCEA REEL that was prob big enough to hold 5,000 yards of 50# Big Game line & a BROKEN Big Cat Rod. The reel was so large that it could only be thrown out 10 feet. And the rod..... the 3rd eye was broken. After the 1st cast the rest of it broke off. In fact, I think it cost my wife a fish (prob a 30# Flathead, come to think of it.)

As for me, I would give my best gear to my friend, for friends mean so much. Without friends, where would we be? :lol:

Ahh yes, as Thin Izzy sang: THE BOYS ARE BACK.... Stay Tuned For More! :lol:

2. vinny

vinny New Member

State:
    ill.
    I would let my freinds use my best rod and reel that is what I would hope they would do for me but you can not complane

3. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'm curious... if you have this "best gear" for your friends, why are you borrowing from flathunter...? is this a test...?:lol:

4. cschottfish

cschottfish New Member

State:
    Ofallon, Mo.
    If there are a frend I will lat them use whatever they want. Thats what frinds are for.

5. trotlining

trotlining New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Are the fish really hitting at that moment you handed over your best gear??:wink:

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Well, I answered this knowing that Jack was the one giving the equiptment to you. So, you know what I answered, LMAO.

But, in all honesty I dont have enough equiptment to lend out. So, my buddy better get to Walmart soon. hehehe

7. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Lets see Mellon used an abu 7000 biggame I laoned him, not to shabby.

8. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Didn't see the option for giving equipment that would work but not the best. I have plenty of R&R's but I don't think I have ever loaned out my favorite/best

9. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    BOYS, BOYS I love it keep it coming!

10. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    It all depends what kind of fisherman they are.I took a coworker with me one night and he had a couple of beers I was letting him use one of my broken rods and cheap baitrunners but i hooked him up with good bait.I had explained to him how the baitrunners work. He had a good run and he picked the rod up and set the hook without disengaging the baitrunner. Well with all the force he put into that hookset he lost his balance and fell into the water chest deep and dropped the rod in also. Just glad it wasnt one of my good rods.

11. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I pick up cheap equipment at yard sales and loan it to them. Then I blame them for breaking my good equipment and cry about it until they replace it with better equipment. Does this sound familar?

12. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    The options to choose from were not enough. Im not so sure I would give my best... depends on the person.
    I would hook them up.... but some I would just take fishing with me.

I figure one thing for sure. If you loan something out, you best be prepared not to get it back at all or broken.

13. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    The last time we went out I brought 3 of my best poles (baitcasters) and a nephew and niece and her boyfriend (which I had never met) showed up that we wasn't expecting. None of them new how to use baitcasters, so I didn't fish, I spent the night showing them how to use my poles. So I think it should go with out saying, I would give up my best equipment to help teach someone else to fish just to see them have fun. I love to fish but I also love to see someone else have fun learning how to fish! :smile2:

14. drc3

drc3 New Member

State:
    Cleveland TN
    I would never loan out my best gear to a friend or anyone else for that matter.

15. BigKat24-7

BigKat24-7 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I actually have to shakespear tiger combos nothing fancy not expensive in the boat in case someone i take doesn't have big game equiptment. not giving them my most expensive but not a broken piece of junk either!

16. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    i got all kinds of good stuff no bad stuff so all of its my best stuff and ill loan rods out no prob

17. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    As cheap as I am, I have no problem lending out my cheap gear:tounge_out: :big_smile: !
    I was wondering when the next bit of comedy was gonna come from you guys!:big_smile:

18. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    I let my best freind use TWO of my best rod, AFEW YEARS AGO, I aint seen em yet. Not long ago he called and asked if he could use my rifle, you know his was off, and he needed to go deer huntin, after I gave him a long list of fuor letter words, he never asked again. We are still best freinds though.

19. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    I am a poor college kid and it took me two years to save up enough to get my three good rods (legal amount in indiana). I am very particular about them and I would not let a friend use them if i wasn't there. If he can't work and save like i did then he needs to just listen to my stories about the fish :cool2:

20. hangemhorns

hangemhorns New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    i do not have much fishing equipment but if a friend needed it i would let them borrow it...