What would you change

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by r ward, Oct 14, 2008.

1. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Tonight while riding around I got to thinking about my life and what I would change then i figured that it would be interesting to ask the membership that question.
    My answer well if I changed anything in my past I would not be where and who I am now and I might not have the friends on here and my family had I not lived the way I did so I guess I'll leave it alone How about you?:smile2:

2. takeaction

takeaction New Member

State:
    Ware Shoals, SC
    I would save more... I was one of those people that thought "It won't happen to me", but it did...

Other than that, I wouldn't change anything because then I wouldn't have the awesome wife that I have now, and the beautiful kids and grandkids...:wink:

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Well at this point, my life is perfect and I have a wonderful family. The only things in my past that I regret are a few bad decisions that I have made. So really I too would change nothing except that I would have joined the BOC about 5 years ealier

4. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    There are plenty of things that I did or didn't do that make me wonder how things would be had I made a different decision. I don't think I would change anything though, good or bad, because that's why I'm where I'm at now. You still can't help but wonder sometimes though.......

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I woulda stayed in the Military for at least 20 years if not 30. BUT NO!!!!!! I wanted to get out and grow my hair. LOL! That and I wasn't gonna have people tellin me what to do any more. LOL! That and should have taken every penny I could get my hands on and dump it into "MICROSOFT" :crazy:

6. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    I wish I had never smoked a cigarette. And all the money I spent on
    cigarettes I had put in the bank. I could probably buy a new Sea Ark
    and new pickup to tow it.

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I might change a very few bad decisions ,but for the most part if I hadnt made at least Two bad decisions,I would not have my son,granddaughters and my now wonderfull wife and daughter.

8. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I certainly have a few blips I'd like to redo. Cigarettes for one.
    Bill in SC

9. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Funny you should bring this up, as I was just thinking about this on my way home this evening. Maybe I should have stayed in school and gotten my degree? Maybe I should have kept that other job? No and no. If I hadn't done what I did, there wouldn't be a husband or the kids and I just can't imagine my life without them. So good or bad, it's my life.

10. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I've often wished i had stayed workin on the river. Tow boatin ain't an easy life style but i honestly loved it. I made some blunders in the past and will likely make a few more, but that livin. I know a woman who claims the decisions we make today, dictate the lives we lead tomorrow. I took some shots i should have passed and passed some i should have took.

11. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    You all are right the cigs i should have left alone but just about all the rest led me to where I am now good or bad
    As has been said whereever you go there you are

12. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    i would change ,,i would be a collector of old cars,save some of those old toys, and tell loved ones that have past that i love them and take them fishin and hunting more

13. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Major changes about my life... none. Been a GREAT life! I think that's mainly because of my partner. :big_smile:

I've made some decisions that didn't turn out to my liking but that's life.

14. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    when i was 17 and a senior in high school i worked at Tinker air force base in a program started by my scoutmaster. when i graduated i could have gone to work full time there.

had i done that, i would have 35 years in now and could have retired comfortably.

if i had a mulligan i would stay at tinker.

15. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    if i could change anything...

i would not have ever lit a cigg.

i would not have beat up that one kid with the coke bottle glasses and a bad lisp.

i would not have tried to pick a fight with... most anyone i ever picked a fight with. especially family.

i would have saved more money earlier. and i also would have spent more money later. (if your gonna go-go big)

i would have told my ball coach that i was a better closer, than a starter on the mound. i also would have told him that i would rather play defense than quarterback.

i wouldnt have trashed and sold that 1967 international pickup truck.

i wouldnt have worried about my wife while i was overseas. she is was and allways will be fine.

i would not have shot that little buck. i would have let that big bull redfish swim away.

i would like to take some shots back. i would also like to shoot a few more.

i would not stand there like an idiot when my son was born, i should have jumped in head first.

i shouldnt have broken my parents hearts, just because i felt jaded (even if i was).

i should have told my friends how i really felt when i still had them.

i should not have told my current friends what i really thought when they asked.

i should have studied harder, and applied myself.

i should have taken that girl home, even though i was dating her sister. your only young once.

i would not have jumped out of a boat at 45 mph thinking "it'll be just like falling off ski's."

hell... i could think of what if's and wishta hada's all day. but the truth is, i sleep just fine at night. no guilt, no regrets. just a few lessons learned the painfull way...

ya, prolly wouldnt change a thing.

16. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I wouldn't have smoked that first ciggarette 25 yes 25 years ago . All the other decisions good bad and indefferent I would leave alone . Some of the bad decisions have giving me understanding and insight I can pass on to others . Quiting ciggarettes is the one thing for sure Iwouldda changed outside of that its water under the bridge , come and gone !

17. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    "What would you change"

The same thing I change everyday. My underwear.

18. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I wouldnt change a thing:smile2:

19. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

You change it to brown in the front and yellow in the back. :crazy: