What ways do you like to fish.

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by vacatfish, Aug 16, 2005.

1. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    What ways do you like to fish and why.

Me i have no boat. so i fish catfish from the bank side.

Keeping bait off bottom a foot or more. why do i do that it makes it easyer for the catfish to locat it easyer for them to get hold of it and easyer for them to hold it longer. in the end it pays off cause the longer they holder the better hold they have onit gives you every chance at a better hook set.

Thank you to any who also give there input.

2. catfish1605

catfish1605 Member

State:
    Findlay, OH
    I usually fish from the bank also. I normally use a slip rig and fish on the bottom.

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Bank on bottem with slip rig and a cold beer or 20.

4. tanner

tanner New Member

State:
    Somerset, Kentucky
    bank, on the bottom, tightlined.

:rock-big: rock on!

5. cat4life

cat4life New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    I fish the bank on the bottom and I tightline it so I can see the rod move instantly. But I'm going to try to inject air into worms so they will float a little off of the bottom. anyone heard of that method and if so did it work?

6. Socal-Mike

Socal-Mike New Member

State:
    Anaheim California
    When its possible..usually early morning or late night when theyre feeding shallow...i LOVE to FLYLINE. No weight, bail open or clicker on and just wait for the line to start peeling away.

A nice chunk of mackerell replaces the weight real nice and i can usually get it out 20 or so feet.
    I get a good deal on glow sticks here, so at night i just tape one on the pole tip and wait for it to start bouncin and peelin :cool:

When that isnt possible, Carolina rig all the way.

7. RMXmitch

RMXmitch New Member

State:
    x
    I use a carolina rig with a 2oz no roll sinker. Seems to work great.

8. Socal-Mike

Socal-Mike New Member

State:
    Anaheim California
    I bought one of those worm inflators and it does float em- but i dont really use too many worms anymore, just meal worms.
    Also, out here in cali alot of people seem to use a single small marshmello to keep the bait off the bottom. M&M= Marshmello and mealworms are common. Shrimp and marshmello etc etc

9. Southernraised84

Southernraised84 New Member

State:
    Fayettnam, North Carolina
    I fish from a boat so it depends where i am fishing at. Like if i am fishing around alot of underwater stumps and stuff like that i will use slip-floats(or if im tryin to get those suspended cats.Most of the time i usally like fishing on the bottom,useing a simple two hook leader with a 3 ounce weight on the rig and 6/0 gamakatsu hooks

10. spam

spam New Member

Bank fish. Generally use a Carolina rig, 1/2 oz weight, 3/0 circle hook with chicken liver.Start in the morning around 4 and usually quit around 8. Have been experimenting with a Pater Noster rig with I may soon use as my main set up.

11. Nate

Nate New Member

State:
    OH - IO
    From the shore with a egg sinker, barrel swivlel and hook on a leader
    Unless I'm using live bait, then I use big slip bobbers.

12. s_self88

s_self88 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    Tightlining with a Carolina rig with a 1/4 or 1/2 ounce weight. or a split shot rig.

13. oldprowler

oldprowler New Member

State:
    Mannford, Oklahoma
    I fish with a float on the leader holding the hook, that keeps the bait up off the bottom a bit.
    When I am fishing off the boat, I will raise the hook about a foot.

14. Dave53

Dave53 New Member

State:
    Lonedell M
    I love to be in a part of the river that has a slow current so as I can set the boat up so I can fish out of the side of my 16' jon sitting in my camping chair with a cold can of Busch beer..oh, yea, I also like the Carolina rig with a float on my leader.

15. trackeryak

trackeryak New Member

State:
    Mechanicsburg PA
    I fish off the bank using a Carolina rig with a 1/2 oz walking sinker in lakes. Usually an 18 inch leader with a 2/0 to 4/0 Gamakatsu Finesse Wide Gap hook. Most of my fishing is for bullheads and channels under 5 lbs. I prop my rod up and pull the line down between two guides on my rod and clip a small bobber on it so it hangs down. When I get a bite, it's easy to see the bobber hanging down jump up. If it slams against the rod - channel cat bite. If it jumps a few times and slowly comes up to the rod - bullhead.

16. forktale

forktale New Member

Boat or bank I use slip rig or three-way on bottom.

17. bull_head

bull_head New Member

State:
    Laceyville, PA
    I geuss i fish in a variety of ways ...

More often than not I bank fish .... we do have a couple of ponds where I can use a small John Boat and oar ...

But I also fish for different fish different ways ...

Bluegills/Sunnies : Nitecrawler , size 6 hook and bobber

Perch : Size 6 hook , nitecrawler or minnow , Bottom w/ sinker

LM Bass : you name it i have it ... grubs, cranks, plastic worms , slider worms, top water , etc ...

Bullheads : off the bottom with nitecrawlers , size 6 hook

Channels : off the bottom of farm ponds ... creek chubs , cut bait with sinker

Crappie : Jigs , and Carolina rigged grubs ....

Ice fishing : jigs , waxies , minnows , tip ups ... for what ever bites

I also use alot of slip bobber rigs ...

mike

18. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I mostly bank fish with a slip sinker rig on the bottom.

19. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "Like Vacatfish" - I haven't got a boat, so 99.9% of the time I Bank fish with a sliding sinker set-up on the bottom.

Bert :cool:

20. bankpoleken

bankpoleken New Member

State:
    Mattoon, Illinois
    I enjoy fishing small rivers with 20 or so bankpoles out of a 12 ft. Jon boat. I bait mainly with live bluegills and fish for flatheads and channels. I do not place the poles in the bank, but nail them to log jams, overhanging trees, etc.